IGNORED

France v Croatia

Super

32 minutes ago, Laner said:

Everything looks worse slowed down. Again not VARs greatest moment.

I was thinking just the same Laner.

Slo motion replies are great to clarify marginal decisions - was a tackle in the penalty are, was their contact for a foul etc. In this case it opens up the big question about interpretation and thetas something that VAR cannot deal with.

P.S. How the heck are France 2 up in this game?!

Does this just go to show how much people got carried away with how ‘great’ England were? 

Croatia laboured past Iceland, Denmark and Russia yet were by far the best team on Wednesday, yet have been ruthlessly dismantled by an awesome French side. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

have been ruthlessly dismantled by an awesome French side

Think that's a bit generous tbh. The first two goals were fortuitous for a team clearly second best, and obvious Croatia having run the game for an hour and been short changed were visibly tiring when France started hitting them on the break.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does this just go to show how much people got carried away with how ‘great’ England were? 

Croatia laboured past Iceland, Denmark and Russia yet were by far the best team on Wednesday, yet have been ruthlessly dismantled by an awesome French side. 

France have been bang average for a lot of the game. 4-1 was ridiculously out of kilter with the game itself.

I think England were decent and will still improve owing to age profile, growth as a team, experience of playing in a semi final.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Think that's a bit generous tbh. The first two goals were fortuitous for a team clearly second best, and obvious Croatia having run the game for an hour and been short changed were visibly tiring when France started hitting them on the break.

They’ve just taken their chances haven’t they, the mark of a good team. Croatia have played incredible football at times but they never convince me that they’ll get over the line. They’ve done incredibly well though to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

France have been crappy and scrappy for a lot of the game. 4-1 was ridiculously out of kilter with the game itself.

I think England were decent and will still improve owing to age profile, growth as a team, experience of playing in a semi final.

That’s the sign of a good team though isn’t it. Winning games, ruthlessness, when not at your best. All champions have that quality. 

And just like that :D 

Still think the general reaction to England’s performances has been massively overhyped, as much as I loved the ride and enjoying believing that something could happen. 

And just like that :D 

Still think the general reaction to England’s performances has been massively overhyped, as much as I loved the ride and enjoying believing that something could happen. 

A country has got behind its team and in a football mad nation like ours that’s alwats going to produce massive excitement.   Not many I know have said how great we are at the moment and Southgate himself said that there’s lots of work and improvement needed to be matching the worlds top 5 or 6. So not sure where you’re getting this from. 

Archived