IGNORED

Riots in Paris following World Cup win

westred1

Paid by the Russians as a practice for Euro 2020! That interview with a Russian before the WC foretold of an absolutely trouble free tournament but that the Euros would be the complete opposite. He has 50% right so far.

They all look like the gullible half brained types. Actually that is being rather generous.

25 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

They kicked off after the semi final win as well.

People seem to overlook the part the french played in the trouble at the euros. Not just marseille but all over.

Well said.

My cousin went out for the Euros. Said the trouble was insane and that French 'firms' from all over the country were turning up to get involved, some siding with the English, some with Russians.

Apparently PSG sided with us throughout the tournament so a lot of English are fond of these boys now. Marseilles not so much!

The Frenchies in my town spent the whole night driving round blowing their horns and shouting ! 

Even before the end of the match it had already started.

Now, unfortunately, I don't know how we English would celebrate a World Cup win but I'm sure it wouldn't be like that .

There exists, in France , organised bands of wreckers, anarchists, who use any excuse to smash the capitalist system, strikes, sporting or political occasions where the Police are stretched those numpties will be there.

Last night was like the Wild West , I'm surprised there weren't lynchings as old scores were settled.

The Police ? I didn't see one officer ! 

39 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Well said.

My cousin went out for the Euros. Said the trouble was insane and that French 'firms' from all over the country were turning up to get involved, some siding with the English, some with Russians.

Apparently PSG sided with us throughout the tournament so a lot of English are fond of these boys now. Marseilles not so much!

Some psg fans caused the first flash point of saturday.... in the pub where City fans were meeting up!

We were stood there having a beer when some psg fans drinking in the same bar started chucking bottles at marseille fans walking past... Then psg legged it down the side street whilst we and the marseille fans looked at each other in bewilderment... before the police came round the corner and batton charged us!

But leaving aside marseille,  the french had a pop at the northern irish /polish in nice and the eiffel tower was shut on the day of the final due to them fighting with portugal/police. I'm sure there were more throughout the competition. 

Anna Politkovskaya

The European Court of Human Rights has ordered the Russian government to pay 20,000 euros ($23,460) jointly in non-pecuniary damages to four relatives of the journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was murdered in October 2006. The ECHR found that Russian law enforcement officials failed to carry out an effective investigation into Politkovskaya’s murder, failing to meet requirements for adequacy, promptness, and the involvement of relatives.

In 2014, the Moscow City Court convicted five people of carrying out the murder, sentencing the perpetrators to prison terms ranging between 12 years and life imprisonment. Police never found the person or persons who commissioned the assassination, however. The ECHR ruled that Russian investigators focused for years exclusively on rumors that Boris Berezovsky was tied to the murder, despite a lack of evidence to support this theory. “Furthermore, given Anna Politkovskaya’s work covering the conflict in Chechnya, the investigative authorities should have explored the alleged implication of the officials from the Federal Security Service or from the administration of the Chechen Republic, even if such allegations were eventually proved unfounded,” the ECHR argued.

Archived