IGNORED

Fammy’s ridiculously harsh punishment

bcfcredandwhite

On 17/07/2018 at 12:38, Ian M said:

The weird thing for me is LJ said in an interview that they will be appealing as the evidence is weak with no video footage of the spit. That would suggest his 6 game ban is based on witness testimony, despite us videoing the entire pitch for performance analysis purposes.

Either LJ lied in the interview and video evidence does exist or the FA has ignored the video in preference of witnesses saying he did it. 

As I said before, the problem is that no matter how flimsy the evidence the original conviction was made on, unless we can come up with clear evidence he didn't spit, they were never going to overturn it. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As I said before, the problem is that no matter how flimsy the evidence the original conviction was made on, unless we can come up with clear evidence he didn't spit, they were never going to overturn it. 

You don’t need to prove you didn’t do something..!

There must be evidence that he did it. Assuming that he did, he deserves punishment, although 6 games does seem very harsh!

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There must be evidence that he did it. Assuming that he did, he deserves punishment, although 6 games does seem very harsh!

You do if you are going to make the FA back down on it.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm no legal expert, but I thought in English law the onus is on the prosecution to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that the accused party committed the offence not that the defence has to prove he didn't.. 

I can't believe the FA work differently ( although with the FA nothing is impossible!) so it was for them to prove that Fammy spat at the Brum player and this is where the questioning has been - the apparent lack of evidence. As I mentioned yesterday, looking at the Brum forum when he was first charged, most of their posters didn't even know there had been an incident. although one said he saw Davis losing his rag in the 52nd minute, but didn't know what it was about.

Notwithstanding the television coverage, which is pretty comprehensive these days, how many fans are filming games from all parts of the ground? If this had happened at AG with an opposing player spitting at one of ours, I reckon there would be fans posting film of the incident on social media within minutes and especially if it helped to identify the offender and ensure the right punishment.

I keep repeating that this whole affair is just very odd.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

This is one thing that confuses me. If there is clear evidence that he did it, then why did the club appeal? 

I can only conclude that the evidence, such that it is, is very flimsy indeed.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Their “101 Great Throw-ins” offering was their best seller last Xmas ......!

Their lastest video is an instructional one - "How your local scout troop can help erect your stadium in time for the new season as part of bob-a-job week".

At risk of opening a can of worms I feel that spitting - disgusting as it is - doesn’t merit a stronger punishment than a leg-breaking tackle. 

Its like Adam Johnson doing 6 years for sexual activity (not intercourse) with a 15 year old where the killers of Baby P got only 2 with a new identity and life waiting for them. Maybe 6 years is right for AJ but surely Baby P deserved more?

Different judging body and different crimes (all are crimes worthy of punishment) but hopefully you get my drift. 

It’s about the punishment fitting the crime. 

On 17/07/2018 at 19:58, View from the Dolman said:

The FA charge outlined the allegation...

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT
Famara Diedhiou, Player, Bristol City FC
Bristol City FC v Birmingham City FC
English Football League Championship
10 April 2018

Breach of FA Rule E1 (a) – It is alleged that in or around the 52nd minute of the fixture, contrary to FIFA Laws of the Game – Law 12, Mr Diedhiou spat at Mr. David Davis.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/may/08/fa-charges---april-2018

Well after the hash he and Tricky Treesa have made of the Brexit negotiations I expect he's had worse than being spat at by a footballer!!

9 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

At risk of opening a can of worms I feel that spitting - disgusting as it is - doesn’t merit a stronger punishment than a leg-breaking tackle. 

The thing here though is intent.  A leg breaking tackle could be reckless, it could be mistimed, it could be deliberate, it could just be a freak way in which someone moved - it's sometimes difficult to tell 100%... and lets be honest, Roy Keane aside, few have actually set out to break someone's leg.  Whereas spitting......As has been said - there is no doubt involved if there's evidence.  It's an intentional display of aggression and disrespect.  In a sport in which it's "heroes" are looked up to by kids growing up all over the world, it's something that should carry a huge ban.

As others have said though, the "evidence" seems to be flimsy at best.

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

I'm no legal expert, but I thought in English law the onus is on the prosecution to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that the accused party committed the offence not that the defence has to prove he didn't.. 

I can't believe the FA work differently ( although with the FA nothing is impossible!) so it was for them to prove that Fammy spat at the Brum player and this is where the questioning has been - the apparent lack of evidence. As I mentioned yesterday, looking at the Brum forum when he was first charged, most of their posters didn't even know there had been an incident. although one said he saw Davis losing his rag in the 52nd minute, but didn't know what it was about.

Wasn't John Terry cleared by a court of law but banned and fined by the FA over the Anton Ferdinand incident ?

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Wasn't John Terry cleared by a court of law but banned and fined by the FA over the Anton Ferdinand incident ?

...but that was for being a knob - not an offence in English Law. :)

Just trying to think of a way to get to the truth I know we are just fans so therefor don’t deserve to be shown the evidence and for full silence from the club we support is to be expected , start of the season is going to be fun no fammy , Milan may or may not be here , Taylors waited for his chance so hopefully he will take it ..... just hope little Lee isn’t assessing Webster as a cf:facepalm:

14 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I believe calling someone a black *** is against the law surely ?.

A slight whooosh for you LP.

Of course the racial offence is against the law but...........

10 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Just read the club statement again and it reads the club and player still  strongly deny the charge ? 

Surely if somebody or something was trying to tarnish your reputation and money was no object you would fight tooth and nail to clear your name ? 

Court of Arbitration for Sport is the next step if we want to push it.

13 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

He must have done something

But very harsh for what it must have been

City are at fault for not letting us know what happened

Something must have happened however small

lets hope Birmingham get what willcome to them

coma

things always return when you lie

Don't want to go as far as getting the players involved in a very bad accident surely

Archived