IGNORED

City v Real Balompedica

Red Army 75

47 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Seems the late equaliser was a header from a corner.

Was Taylor Moore still on the pitch?

My abiding memory of that Hull game was how poor our defensive marking was with him at the back.

My abiding memory was how well he played v Hull.

So the marking of Maguire at the back post where Joe didn’t jump was his fault was it?  No.

The fact that Flint got caught under the ball and Golbourne lost Dawson was Moore’s fault also? No.

Re tonight - Taylor Moore played 90 minutes tonight, as did Nathan Baker.  Why pick out Taylor Moore?  Why not put it down to making several late subs to give players a run out - Woollacot, Pring and Lemonheigh-Evans? 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So the marking of Maguire at the back post where Joe didn’t jump was his fault was it?  No.

The fact that Flint got caught under the ball and Golbourne lost Dawson was Moore’s fault also? No.

Re tonight - Taylor Moore played 90 minutes tonight, as did Nathan Baker.  Why pick out Taylor Moore?  Why not put it down to making several late subs to give players a run out - Woollacot, Pring and Lemonheigh-Evans? 

Thought it was just me for a second. He was brilliant that night, and i thought we had quite a player on our hands. Not so sure now, but still.

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

2-0 up and drew 2-2

2 goals from set pieces to was it?

Glad to see some hard work has been put in this summer on defending set pieces and learning to shut games out :facepalm:

Its a friendly training game don't you know, you must know we need more time to gel/fine tune things; whilst forgetting other teams do as well. :punish:

10 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

One thing that puzzles me is that the official site days our opponents are in the Spanish 2nd tier yet they seem to be 3rd from what I've seen on the net, do they know who they're playing against?

Just read your reply, Was thinking the same as you...

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Re tonight - Taylor Moore played 90 minutes tonight, as did Nathan Baker.  Why pick out Taylor Moore?  

I thought my post might stir you into action Dave. :yes:

Unlike you I didn't feel he particularly impressed against Hull - looked comfortable on the ball, a couple of interceptions/tackles, but defensively not so good - often beaten in the air and an unusual number of uncontested headers in our box for the opposition.

It's not picking on him to wonder if the same frailties he displayed that night - imo -contributed to the late set piece equaliser last night.

If they didn't, fine - my comment was an enquiry, not a condemnation.

Personally nothing I have seen - or heard about from his loans - indicates TM will ever become a regular Championship defender at AG - temperamentally too 'nice' and nowhere near strong enough in the air  - but he's still young and may harden up, so who knows your faith in him may be rewarded.

Naturally I hope it is - we shall see.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Unlike you I didn't feel he particularly impressed against Hull - looked comfortable on the ball, a couple of interceptions/tackles, but defensively not so good - often beaten in the air and an unusual number of uncontested headers in our box for the opposition.

It's not picking on him to wonder if the same frailties he displayed that night - imo -contributed to the late set piece winner last night.

Personally nothing I have seen - or heard about from his loans - indicates TM will ever become a regular Championship defender at AG - temperamentally too 'nice' and nowhere near strong enough in the air  - but he's still young and may harden up, so who knows your faith in him may be rewarded.

must of missed that winner ;) i thought it finished 2-2

11 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Missing Adam Baker already. They have failed to spell the name of the opposing team correctly on the official site.

The report also referred to Adam Baldwin, when I believe his first name is Aden.

Still, as many have already said on this thread, it is only a pre-season friendly.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's not picking on him to wonder if the same frailties he displayed that night - imo -contributed to the late set piece equaliser last night.

I bit!!!

the beauty is it’s all about opinions....especially with the young ones.

I’m not a fan of Harry Kane’s overall game, but he is a good finisher.  Others think he’s world class.

5 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

Thought Joe Bryan spoke well in the post match interview. Probably reading too much into it but LJ making him captain tonight and the way he spoke about game management etc, maybe he is staying and a candidate for captain this season? 

******* hope not! 

Archived