IGNORED

Antoine Semenyo - Newport County Season Loan

Josh93

The lad seems to be rising quickly which makes him one of the more exciting prospects imo. Holden, Semenyo, Dowling and Smith all look like they have bright futures but hard to compare with Semenyo. 

Unless I am mistaken he was not even in an academy but was found at the local college last year. So in that 12 months he earned a professional contract at a championship club. Rose through the u18s(he was 17 when signed), starred for the u23s, made his championship debut and now has earned a league loan all in just about 12 months. He is tall and quite athletic from what I have seen and really one we should all keep out eye on. He is a year or more younger than all of the following:

Rory Holden

Shawn McCoulskey

Freddie Hinds

Jonny Smith

George Dowling

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The lad seems to be rising quickly which makes him one of the more exciting prospects imo. Holden, Semenyo, Dowling and Smith all look like they have bright futures but hard to compare with Semenyo. 

Unless I am mistaken he was not even in an academy but was found at the local college last year. So in that 12 months he earned a professional contract at a championship club. Rose through the u18s(he was 17 when signed), starred for the u23s, made his championship debut and now has earned a league loan all in just about 12 months. He is tall and quite athletic from what I have seen and really one we should all keep out eye on. He is a year or more younger than all of the following:

Rory Holden

Shawn McCoulskey

Freddie Hinds

Jonny Smith

George Dowling

He does seem to be a bit ahead of the curve in comparison to the other academy boys. Hopefully he shines and we being him back to play in our 1st team

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Is that based on historical reasons, i.e. just before they left the Football League, or on last season and the recent friendly?

I watched them get outplayed against Chippenham last week. It was a real eye opener. Plus they looked horrendously unfit, which granted, is what pre-season is for but their fitness coach is David Pipe so no great surprise they look awful

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

I watched them get outplayed against Chippenham last week. It was a real eye opener. Plus they looked horrendously unfit, which granted, is what pre-season is for but their fitness coach is David Pipe so no great surprise they look awful

A first team squad or a mixture of first team and development?

One player I see very little about is Connor Lemonheigh Evans (apologies if I haven’t spelt his name right). Anyone know anything about him, I think he was on loan at Torquay for at least part of last season. I read quite a lot about other players who would be in his age range but nothing about him. He’s been here for quite a few years now I think, so will he make it?

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

One player I see very little about is Connor Lemonheigh Evans (apologies if I haven’t spelt his name right). Anyone know anything about him, I think he was on loan at Torquay for at least part of last season. I read quite a lot about other players who would be in his age range but nothing about him. He’s been here for quite a few years now I think, so will he make it?

Played in the Bitton and Shrewsbury games I am quite certain. At least one of them for sure. He is an odd one because he has went out on loan as a striker but I have only ever seen him play midfield for us. Not sure he will make the grade here but guess we want to see if an extra year helps him kick on. 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Played in the Bitton and Shrewsbury games I am quite certain. At least one of them for sure. He is an odd one because he has went out on loan as a striker but I have only ever seen him play midfield for us. Not sure he will make the grade here but guess we want to see if an extra year helps him kick on. 

Ah thanks, I missed both those games. I remember seeing him in some reserve games what seems like years ago, I guess the name stuck in my mind ( great name isn’t it) and like you only seen him playing as a midfielder. Just wondered if any progress is being made, no doubt another loan for him again.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

He’s with the first team squad in Marbella currently. 

Good luck Antoine. He has the potential to be a real player, let’s hope the loan does him good. 

Anyone know what RH and TB are likely to be doing this season? 

Other big question mark for me is TM, is he near the first team squad like LK now is or on his way out?

All in all it's very positive to see so much young talent at City. 

Archived