IGNORED

The Open (Merged)

Super

Another one here, currently off 17 but struggling to keep it that low after illness last year. It's a game you have to keep playing and nigh on 10 months without picking up a club showed the last time out.

Play Lansdown more than anywhere else at the mo, previously a member at the Players and then Tracey park.

Such a great game, wish I’d got into it a bit sooner. I’ve always enjoyed watching it but never really played much before this summer. 

I’m using the Par 3 at Thornbury as my test ground... went round after lesson 1 and shot 88, losing about 6 balls...then went back after lesson 2 and shot 73 and only lost 1 ball. 

I just want to get to a point where I am confident about keeping a ball in play off the tee, it’s a great little course to build up some confidence without too much worry about being bad. 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Such a great game, wish I’d got into it a bit sooner. I’ve always enjoyed watching it but never really played much before this summer. 

I’m using the Par 3 at Thornbury as my test ground... went round after lesson 1 and shot 88, losing about 6 balls...then went back after lesson 2 and shot 73 and only lost 1 ball. 

I just want to get to a point where I am confident about keeping a ball in play off the tee, it’s a great little course to build up some confidence without too much worry about being bad. 

Thornbury is a good course for starting out the par 3 and the 18 hole course. Never bothered with memberships prefer to play different courses. Just trouble finding the time as it's not just a couple of hours out of your day!

21 minutes ago, Super said:

Thornbury is a good course for starting out the par 3 and the 18 hole course. Never bothered with memberships prefer to play different courses. Just trouble finding the time as it's not just a couple of hours out of your day!

Yeah I doubt I’d join a club even if I got good as I just wouldn’t be able to play enough. I really like the Par 3 at Thornbury to be honest as it’s not stupidly short. 

Archived