IGNORED

Purely hypothetical question - Joe Hart

Eastside Moonwalker

21 hours ago, downendcity said:

Fans moan that we should be signing  experienced, big name and marquee signings, until it becomes a possibility and then they are the wrong type of  experienced, big name and marquee signing.

When was Joe Hart a possibility ?

20 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

When was Joe Hart a possibility ?

It is not that he is a possibility, but  the OP raised the question "would people be happy to take Joe Hart?".

It was the negative responses to this hypothetical question that prompted my reply.

I wouldn't have him. It's not like your getting the Hart of 3 years ago who was pretty average in a world class team, now your getting average Joe Hart with low confidence and what looks increasingly like a lack lustre attitude.

I wouldn't want our young players thinking that's the way you have to be to get to the top. 

Even if Joe Hart's ego accepted that drop into playing for a championship club,  that club would still be paying well above what his level of ability is now.

He's lost it big time, money, fame and ego has taken over from desire and ability, he's been going through the motions for years and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. Some Chinese club or the US league would suit him, he could feel like he's a star again and take home a fortune. 

Hart has said there is no league he would turn down but I suspect he didn't mean he would join a mid table Championship side. Though doubtless the likes of Forest or Villa would happily pay his wages from money they don't have given the chance. ;)

But of course the question posed by the OP was hypothetical. The reason Pep dropped him was that he couldn't play out from the back. Reportedly he tried to get him to do it in training but he couldn't hack it. Or rather he could only hack it so to speak.

LJ has said that any keeper we sign needs to be able to play the ball so Hart is a hypothetical non starter.

I hope he gets over the hypothetical disappointment soon. :sad26:

22 hours ago, ... said:

We could sign Jordan Pickford, and turn him into a really average League 2 keeper within 18 months.

The key is in the coaching.

So you think that David Coles is a crap coach, then?

Look at his CV, look at who he has worked with. Where is your evidence?

I cannot think of a single goalkeeper who has regressed during his time with us, I’m not talking variations in form, as they happen to all players in all sports.

Comments like this really **** me off, fine if you don’t rate Frankie, fine if you think Maenpaa isn’t a good signing but this is really total bollocks.

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So you think that David Coles is a crap coach, then?

Look at his CV, look at who he has worked with. Where is your evidence?

I cannot think of a single goalkeeper who has regressed during his time with us, I’m not talking variations in form, as they happen to all players in all sports.

Comments like this really **** me off, fine if you don’t rate Frankie, fine if you think Maenpaa isn’t a good signing but this is really total bollocks.

Hes a WUM / Troll Graham under his various names

Best put on ignore

Archived