IGNORED

Truro City

22A

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's what the owner wanted.None of the fans want a journey to home games which would be like City playing in Northampton.

It's another Hereford scenario with a club being taken over by an apparent benefactor who was all along playing the long game to redevelop the ground.

But isn't redeveloping the ground necessary for their survival? I thought their ground wasn't fit for purpose. I'm sure I read a WSC article, or something online.

The relocation seems to have come about as an added condition of the sale of the ground - I hadn't read that there was any risk of not returning to a new one?

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

But isn't redeveloping the ground necessary for their survival? I thought their ground wasn't fit for purpose. I'm sure I read a WSC article, or something online.

The relocation seems to have come about as an added condition of the sale of the ground - I hadn't read that there was any risk of not returning to a new one?

The ground is sold; the previous chairman (dodgy property developer Kevin Heaney) sold it on the quiet to Helical Bar.  They have been playing there whilst development plans have been worked out for ?three years and now it is being turned into a Lidl.

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The ground had been sold before the new owners took over so that prize wasn't there.  I don't understand the game that's being played but investment in the football club (which, at root, it is) is not happening.

i did mean the guy who invested big then sold it from under them, not the present consortia. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You are correct.

That was three years' ago that the new lot took over and I don't understand what they hope to get out of it with the main asset gone.

Keep the club alive I suppose, but I have to say they'd be better off playing in an utter shithole nearer home, than expecting their fans to make a 4-hour round journey to watch home games.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Keep the club alive I suppose, but I have to say they'd be better off playing in an utter shithole nearer home, than expecting their fans to make a 4-hour round journey to watch home games.

I know somebody in their supporters club; despite the tiny number of active supporters it is so political and divisive it is amazing for the number of people involved.

It is a small, local town team that had a few years of non-league glory through spending what they received for their ground.  It's going nowhere and will be lucky to compete with Weston.

Archived