IGNORED

Any probation officers here ?

Fiale

Cant help much with the probation worker side of life, except most are or have been contracted out and as mentioned above, the workload is horrendous. Even most offenders realise their probation workers have little time for individual case management and regularly do not know who their probation worker is.

If you are interested in working with offenders, drop me a pm and I will put you in touch with a mate who works for these https://www.catch-22.org.uk/offers/offender-management-and-resettlement/ they are often on the lookout for new staff and he is a season ticket holder down the gate.

Working with offenders can be brilliantly rewarding, but also completely frustrating! A bit like watching City........

On 31/07/2018 at 21:37, Old Rascal said:

Cant help much with the probation worker side of life, except most are or have been contracted out and as mentioned above, the workload is horrendous. Even most offenders realise their probation workers have little time for individual case management and regularly do not know who their probation worker is.

If you are interested in working with offenders, drop me a pm and I will put you in touch with a mate who works for these https://www.catch-22.org.uk/offers/offender-management-and-resettlement/ they are often on the lookout for new staff and he is a season ticket holder down the gate.

Working with offenders can be brilliantly rewarding, but also completely frustrating! A bit like watching City........

Hi, thanks for that. I was looking at social / Probation worker positions a while ago due to the way the job incorporated training, along with it being something that it had a meaning/impact. I am not 100% sure what I want to do, just that it is time for a change from what I am doing. Thank you for the information.

On 03/08/2018 at 18:35, Fiale said:

Hi, thanks for that. I was looking at social / Probation worker positions a while ago due to the way the job incorporated training, along with it being something that it had a meaning/impact. I am not 100% sure what I want to do, just that it is time for a change from what I am doing. Thank you for the information.

Thought about looking at civilian roles (Lots) in the police (Assuming you wouldn’t want to consider the police itself ) ??

Offender management / intervention , child protection , safeguarding , etc etc 

Archived