IGNORED

Anyinsah....

Leroyfromthestart

I liked Aaron Brown and Tony Rougier, but this Anyinsah has got the pace of Brown, hes both footed and probably goes past people as easy as Rougier did, very good prospect on our hands.

The academy players played well tonight. Was impressed with Roberts in the first half, who seemed to be given a free role.

Not sure if we should sign Caskey. Two points; firstly looked the part for the first half an hour, passing was excellent, but his voice was starting to get on my nerves after a while!

Gillespie took his goal well, and worked very hard along side an average Lita by his standards. Only fault with Gillespie is probably too keen, went in with a two footed tackle in the first half, which could have earned himself a red if it wasnt a friendly.

Overall cant fault anyone. Though like we've said, the real tests will be against Portsmouth and West Brom.

Have to agree, Anyinsah looked very impressive... On that performance I would say a good replacement for Brown (admit it was again weak opposition!) looks quick and is both footed. Also have to say impressed by Caskey, controlled the midfield in the 1st half, Would be worth to offer a 1 year contract?

Agreed, we should offer him a one year contract. I think he would be a luxury in our team. However, in a 3-5-2 formation, providing he had two centre midfielders around him that are box to box, like Orr, Tinnion and Doherty then I think he'd be worth playing in a holding role as the playmaker, like tonight, just in front of the back three.

Anyinsah what a player, fair enough it was only against Clevedon, but his confidence was amazing, the mazy run where he did four or five players was fantastic.

He just had total control of the ball all off at time, used both feet well and looks great for the future, maybe not too much of a player for this season, but long term, going to be a key player for years to come.

Been backing this lad since I first seen him in the eserves middle of last season.

Have put a few posts on here requesting he gets first team chance and a few others have as well. Glad to see him get his first real chance to shine and how he took control of his opertunity.

Well done Joe keep it up you have tremendous potential just make sure you fulfill 100% of it and i personally belive you can be a bristol City Great.

Anyinsah looked a cracking player,like Aaron Brown pace-wise but with genuine desire and commitment added to the skill. In fact i'd say he's more skillful too.

Looks to be one of the most promising young attacking players City have unearthed for a very long time and should be knocking on the door of the first team from the off. Much less concerned about the departure of Rouge now.

Dare i say it, Anyinsah looks far more likely to reach the very top than Aaron Brown, Bristol Boy.

Agreed, we should offer him a one year contract. I think he would be a luxury in our team. However, in a 3-5-2 formation, providing he had two centre midfielders around him that are box to box, like Orr, Tinnion and Doherty then I think he'd be worth playing in a holding role as the playmaker, like tonight, just in front of the back three.

Box to box players Tinnion and Doherty?? Get real!

What chance do you think he has of replacing Bell bofore the end of the season?

I think Tins was right to only give him a 1-year deal and I think he will give the youngsters a chance but it would be quite a big gamble to stick him in the starting XI straight away

the las was pure class last night.. I am very excited about him.. The only worry that I have is that we build him up to much and put pressure on his shoulders and then doesnt live up to it.. like Rosiener/M Brown/Lita.. the list goes on.. We know he looks a quality player.. I just pray he lives up to it.

ive mentioned joe anyinsah loads of times on here already,but il say it again for thise of you who missed it!!!

i went to school with joe and was in the same school football team as him,and even back then he was something special.

he used to win most of our games single handidly,he was the best player on the pitch in every game because the opposing team just could never get the ball off him.

i went down last night mainly just to see what he was like,and came away very impressed,the things he was doing with the ball was exactly what he used to do in the playground and in school matches!!!! :D

the good thing with joe is that can use both feet,so can play pretty mutch anywhere,in school matches our teacher just gave him a free role and told all of us to give him the ball and let him do the rest!!!!

ive always said i think he can make it as a first team player,and after how well he played last night hopefully il be proved right. :D

Archived