IGNORED

Academy....

Leroyfromthestart

This is the first game that I have seen, where I came away being impressed with half a dozen of the academy players.

The last reserve game I went to was when Ben Cleverley played and was probably the only player that did himself any favours. However, tonight was different and I am pleased and proud of the younger players.

I think that the academy will pay for itself in the end and is definately showing signs of good things to come in the future. If you were there tonight you'd agree that the right back (not sure of his name) looked good going forward, Cole Skuse ran the midfield when Caskey went off, Anyinsah was direct and beat players with ease, and the best move of the game was when our left back beat his man, put a cross over to the back post, and the technique shown by Flurry was that you'd expect from an academy!

I have always argued that the Academy is good and is the future of this club but for one reason or another, one being their lack of patience and inability to look into the distant future, people seem to argue against it. I am so glad that these players are taking their chances. You only have one chance in football and they must grab it with both hands.

I think this prooves what I have been saying for a very long time. If you suggest to these youngsters tht they could get first team football and be given a proper chance then they will work for it.

Mess them about like Wilson did and you may as well not bother with them as they will be so disheartened by what they see they wouldn't see why to bother.

With wilson in charge we threw away some potentially very very good talent in, marvin, Clist and Hulbert expecially. If they were given a bit of encouragement and more chances I think they could of went on to be very good players.

After seeing glimpses of such talent as Anyinsah in the reserves and relised that we do have some potentially good players it got me worried that we would waste them as well and its a great shame to them asa player, us as a club and to the game of football itself.

One of the reasons that I was so happy to see Wilson go and Tinman in was because he knew these youngsters so well and i was sure he would give them a chance and in my eyes would be a hell of a lot more influential as a manager than Wilson.

Today prooved my point give the players hope and encouragement expecially young ones and they will work for a place.

Show them that even if you play well you will get dropped to the bench "and not be ready for a starting place first team football" that coupled with players leaving who had the same thing happen the players are going to think wait a minute we are goingto have to be like Premiership class from the off to get a chnace under Wilson whats the point.

Now they know they have the chance and every single one of them is hungry for it. if today isn't proof of the talent of our youth and the worthyness of our academy I don't kno what is.

Our academy is the envy of the sags,for many years we played second fiddle to their youth set up as they produced quality youngsters year after year to leave us buying useless has beens.

No more, the tide has turned we now get the cream of local talent.

I would go as far as to say the academy is the best thing that this club has ever ploughed money into

Archived