IGNORED

Squad Numbers

RUSSEL85

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Replace printed shirts ! What planet are you living on ?

Every City fan knows that there is a risk that Bryan will go , if you really want his name on the back of your shirt perhaps wait until the window closes before buying it .

At least you can then wear it with pride until January.

:disapointed2se:

Loads of clubs do it, especially for fan favourites. As a Bristol lad, it wouldn't surprise me if his shirt is one of the more popular ones, and people tend to kick off on social media when clubs announce numbers and sell a player days/weeks after.

2 hours ago, Big C said:

no number for Cameron Pring or Aden Baldwin so maybe these two aren't as close to the first team as many think

That's a bit surprising. I have a slight link to Pring (grand dad works for me) so I keep an eye out for him and from what I have seen he was involved in every pre season game.

40 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

That's a bit surprising. I have a slight link to Pring (grand dad works for me) so I keep an eye out for him and from what I have seen he was involved in every pre season game.

I reckon Pring, Morrell and Baldwin will all be off on loan, so no squad numbers.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Loads of clubs do it, especially for fan favourites. As a Bristol lad, it wouldn't surprise me if his shirt is one of the more popular ones, and people tend to kick off on social media when clubs announce numbers and sell a player days/weeks after.

Then they're as stupid as the people who bought the shirt .

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Then they're as stupid as the people who bought the shirt .

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense.

Piss off one person that buys a kit every year/most years, and they won't buy that kit again. That's several hundred pounds over the next few years you've lost. To make things worse, a percentage of those people that are pissed off will moan on Twitter causing others to not pay extra for the names. That's more money lost.

Replace a shirt for the cost of a few quid, or just remove the name/numbers and replace those on the same shirt for pennies, and you've lost nothing but the shop persons time. You've also (probably) gained brand trust for treating a customer well.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Mo Eisa 40? Is that a sign that we're unlikely to see him playing much? 

I find Taylor being number 10 somewhat jarring, he's done next to nothing for us, I'd much rather see Eisa getting a go than more of the disappearing striker. 

And over reaction of the day goes too....! 

25 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense.

Piss off one person that buys a kit every year/most years, and they won't buy that kit again. That's several hundred pounds over the next few years you've lost. To make things worse, a percentage of those people that are pissed off will moan on Twitter causing others to not pay extra for the names. That's more money lost.

Replace a shirt for the cost of a few quid, or just remove the name/numbers and replace those on the same shirt for pennies, and you've lost nothing but the shop persons time. You've also (probably) gained brand trust for treating a customer well.

I understand your argument however I don't think anybody is dumb enough to buy a shirt with Bryan's name on it when there is so much speculation that the bloke is going to leave before the window closes.

If you have an ounce of common sense you'd wait until the end of the transfer window before putting a player's name on your shirt , who knows ?  Fammy  or any single one of our lads  could get a shock move on deadline day . 

Who's the chump then ? 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

People read a bit too much into this stuff. Perhaps Eisa just didn’t want to take someone else’s shirt number. Perhaps he actually wanted 40 for some reason?

If he takes his chance when it comes, he’ll play. 

Agreed. I think having worn 20 last season & with that one not being available, he has gone for 40 instead.

Personally I think squad numbers over say 30 are pretty ridiculous (as few teams at our level have that many players) but that’s modern football for you.

1 hour ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

You’re relying on my ability to speak/understand German????!!!

They wondered where he had gone, said he was a good player with time on the ball.

Mitteleider (midfielder)

I used to live in Berlin, spoke to locals about him obviously due to the connection. 

They basically didn't have room for him and play with other players there, that also being said, I think his BuLi days have passed and if he were to go back to Germany, he'd be playing in the 2.Liga. 

Was a constant for a year and bit and then seemed to be generally phased out before he moved

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

How far does he think Cameron will go? They might only be friendlies, but he really looks a talent. 

He came to City quite late, didn't come through the academy but via GJ at Cheltenham. He has been out on a few loans to non league teams last season but from what I heard he seems to hold his own at this level. TBH he plays it down a bit so wouldn't say what he really thinks. Recons he just like a kid who wants to play.

I'm sure it's completely unrelated to Adam Baker leaving :ermm: , but in addition to having 3 week old videos on the front page of the official site, the first team squad page is now a curious mix of last season and this season's players. We have two number 17's and two Jens Hegeler's. Oh and no Mo Eisa at all.

High quality output from the new media team.

1274098709_ScreenShot2018-08-07at18_39_09.thumb.png.ecfadd338a011d3eb04a7161ee3e652d.png

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Mo Eisa is now featuring.

Bit odd they're not creating new pages, publishing them and unpublishing old content rather than editing pages no longer required.

Indeed. And now they've got some weird menu on the front page with just 3 players on it. :facepalm:

283033099_ScreenShot2018-08-07at20_33_31.png.b01a4e58fcb07b41de0c2ce554c6bb0d.png

It's fair to say that once Adam went, no one seems to have a clue how to update the website or use their CMS.

Always an idea to check what responsibilities or knowledge people have before you decide to get rid of them!

Good grief, how amateur are we looking at present? Didn’t the official website also say we were playing Sheff Utd at home last Saturday?! Our new ‘Head of Communications’ seemed to have an impeccable CV with experience of doing the job for the British & Irish Lions etc...perhaps he’s more of an ‘oversee-er’ who doesn’t roll up his sleeves and get stuck in....attention to detail is such a huge, huge part of ‘communications’ for a high-profile organisation....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good grief, how amateur are we looking at present? Didn’t the official website also say we were playing Sheff Utd at home last Saturday?! Our new ‘Head of Communications’ seemed to have an impeccable CV with experience of doing the job for the British & Irish Lions etc...perhaps he’s more of an ‘oversee-er’ who doesn’t roll up his sleeves and get stuck in....attention to detail is such a huge, huge part of ‘communications’ for a high-profile organisation....

I'm not convinced that things were always better under Adam. We/he pretty much gave up on the FLi sites (and began posting photo galleries on Facebook instead) which meant we had a gallery on the homepage from a Peterborough game for about 2 years if I'm remembering correctly.

Archived