IGNORED

Championship- Fans Preview.

Bristol Rob

Our little snippet courtesy of some chap called Tom Ireland "Despite a blistering first half to last season and an unforgettable cup run, a tired-looking team ended up finishing well outside the play-offs. This still exceeded expectations and fans are behind Lee Johnson and his exciting brand of football. This season should prove a real test of the coach’s managerial prowess, after losing two key players in Aden Flint and Bobby Reid (Joe Bryan could follow before the deadline). We have recruited well so far, particularly in Flint’s replacement Adam Webster. The goalkeeping position is concerning though, with the inconsistent Frank Fielding currently injured. We’ll finish ninth."

Not much new there then.

Personally I thought the Reading fan was funny "It’s going to be grim. Last season we had a team with no confidence, no creativity and a propensity for alarming defensive mistakes. We overachieved the season before and then the pendulum swung savagely. The arrival of Paul Clement in March helped us stagger to safety but our summer transfer business has been underwhelming, pre-season has been pretty dire and our best player, Liam Moore, looks to be on his way out. For the first time I’m dreading the new season rather than looking forward to it. We’ll finish in the bottom five."

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

Doom and gloom abounds. 10th for us

It is quite an exhibition in managing expectations isn't it.

Villa: "I predict we’ll finish fifth"

Brum: "We’ll finish mid-table or a bit lower"

Blackburn: "consolidate and finish 15th"

Bolton: "We’ll finish 20th"

Brentford: "We’ll finish sixth"

Us: "We'll finish ninth"

Frank Lampard's Derby: "I predict we’ll finish second"

Hull: "We’ll finish in the bottom half but stay up"

Ipswich: Lad didn't put his neck on the line with a firm prediction.

Leeds: "Let’s call it 11th"

Boro: "We’ll finish anywhere between second and 20th" - personally think this is a poor example of fence-sitting.

Millwall: "I predict we’ll finish 18th."

Norwich: "We’ll just fall short of the top six"

Forest: "We’ll finish in the top six"

Preston: "I reckon they can break into the top six"

QPR: another who is too depressed to make a prediction.

Reading: "We’ll finish in the bottom five."

Rotherham: "I’m expecting 15th"

Sheff Utd: "a play-off push is not impossible"

Sheff Wed: "I think we’ll finish mid-table"

Stoke: "Let’s go for third."

Swansea "we’ll finish 16th"

West Brom: "I predict we’ll finish sixth"

Wigan: "We’ll be relegated"

So no one has put their neck on the line and gone for the number one spot.

7 fans predict that they will finish top six, with Frank Lampard's Derby lad going all out for second.

One bloke, the Wigan fan, firmly reckons they'll go down, with the Reading fan almost with him.

Pretty much everyone else has plumped for somewhere in between. Some people are going to be very pleasantly surprised.

Archived