IGNORED

Player Predictions

CitySSeven

So to fuel my excitement for the first game, the way I need to deal with it is talk about football. 

So I've decided to put together a little something for people to make their own predictions on who would be the best suited to each place come the end of the season. 

(If you're doing your own, copy and paste this bit below)
-----------------------------------

Top Scorer:
Most influential Signing: 
Breakthrough season(Player/s to have his best season at city and can fill his potential):
Make or break season(player/s that has to perform this season or will likely be off): 
Rock Solid(What defender will we rely on): 
Fan Favourite: 
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed):

Where City will finish:
------------------------------------
My predictions....
Top Scorer: Diedhou
Most influential Signing: Webster
Breakthrough season(Player/s to have his best season at city and can fill his potential): Eliasson and Mo
Make or break season(player/s that has to perform this season or will likely be off): Taylor
Rock Solid(What defender will we rely on): Webster
Fan Favourite: Diedhou
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed): Paterson

Where City will finish: Optimistic 6th, Reality 8th

Top Scorer: Famara Diedhiou
Breakthrough season(Player/s to have his best season at city and can fill his potential): Taylor
Make or break season(player/s that has to perform this season or will likely be off): Pisano
Rock Solid(What defender will we rely on): Webster
Fan Favourite: Eisa
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed): Pato

Where City will finish, head - 9th, heart - 4th

Top Scorer: Diedhiou
Most influential Signing: Weimann
Breakthrough season: O'Dowda
Make or break season: Baker
Rock Solid: Webster
Fan Favourite: Weimann
Out of the bag: Eliasson
Where City will finish: 15th

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Top Scorer: Diedhiou
Most influential Signing: Weimann
Breakthrough season: O'Dowda
Make or break season: Baker
Rock Solid: Webster
Fan Favourite: Weimann
Out of the bag: Eliasson
Where City will finish: 15th

Interesting to see that Baker is your main choice for make or break. Didn't think about him till you mentioned him

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Most influential Signing: Adam Webster (will influence our passing game) 

Indeed. I don't think we'll miss Flint. With Webster being better on the ground, we'll be giving less possession away which undoubtedly led to us conceding goals from that. 

Top Scorer: Eisa - (I think this goes one of two ways if Eisa does make the step up he'll be our top scorer if he doesn't he won't get many.
Most influential Signing: Adam Webster - of our signings he is the most likely to play most games + his passing game should really suit us.
Breakthrough season: Niklas Elliason - basing this on what people have said about his preseason. I really hope so because despite a mediocre 1st season you could see a good player there somewhere and his set play delivery was good.
Make or break season: Matty Taylor - (though I like him and hope a gets a decent run in the team).
Rock Solid: Bailey Wright - Underrated I think, not sure any of our other CB's could have acquitted themselves as well as he did at RB + made no fuss about it and got on with it despite some fans getting on his back. Great pro and I think he'll show why he is captain this year. 
Fan Favourite: Fammy - already liked + wears his heart on his sleeve (some of his goal celebrations last season were full of passion).
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed): A few you could go for but as Elliason is my 'breakthrough' player I'm plumping for him. If he does breakthrough this season he is going to be setting up a fair few goals.

Where City will finish: Optimistic 4th, Reality 9th

15 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Top Scorer: Eisa - (I think this goes one of two ways if Eisa does make the step up he'll be our top scorer if he doesn't he won't get many.
Most influential Signing: Adam Webster - of our signings he is the most likely to play most games + his passing game should really suit us.
Breakthrough season: Niklas Elliason - basing this on what people have said about his preseason. I really hope so because despite a mediocre 1st season you could see a good player there somewhere and his set play delivery was good.
Make or break season: Matty Taylor - (though I like him and hope a gets a decent run in the team).
Rock Solid: Bailey Wright - Underrated I think, not sure any of our other CB's could have acquitted themselves as well as he did at RB + made no fuss about it and got on with it despite some fans getting on his back. Great pro and I think he'll show why he is captain this year. 
Fan Favourite: Fammy - already liked + wears his heart on his sleeve (some of his goal celebrations last season were full of passion).
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed): A few you could go for but as Elliason is my 'breakthrough' player I'm plumping for him. If he does breakthrough this season he is going to be setting up a fair few goals.

Where City will finish: Optimistic 4th, Reality 9th

I think I agree with everything you say here. I think Eisa will be an absolute gem, or he'll be in the shadows this season. Really like Webster, we feel more solid at the back, I can just sense it :D

Top Scorer: Fammy
Breakthrough season(Player/s to have his best season at city and can fill his potential): Eliasson 
Make or break season(player/s that has to perform this season or will likely be off): O'Dowda
Rock Solid(What defender will we rely on): Korey Smith
Fan Favourite: Marlon Pack
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed): Milan Djuric

Where City will finish: 9th

5 minutes ago, CitySSeven said:

I think I agree with everything you say here. I think Eisa will be an absolute gem, or he'll be in the shadows this season. Really like Webster, we feel more solid at the back, I can just sense it :D

The biggest positive for me is there is solid competition for places pretty much all over the pitch.

Upfront we have Djuric, who has been good and if fit is very good at this level and offers us something different. Fammy, who I think had a great first season and has the ability to be even better this year. Eisa, who has the potential to be fantastic. Wieman, who is very experienced at this level and will get a chance through the middle. And Taylor, who I really like (particularly his movement which I think is exceptional) but still has something to prove. 

Wide - we have COD, Adelukan, Elliason, Paterson and even Brownhill or Wieman can do a job there.

In the middle - Pack and Smith, people keep saying we need experience here but these two now have two champ seasons behind them and each of them at their peak are exceptional champ players. Then you have Brownhill who I love through the middle and can really drive things forward. Then you also have Paterson again and Walsh (if he is starting to step up from last season). 

CB - is actually very competitive with Baker, Bailey, and Webster definitely competing for two spaces. Then you have Taylor who (judging by the training video) was playing himself into contention and Vyner and Lloyd Kelly who both can play well there. 

LB - Bryan and Kelly and RB- Pisano (who I thought looked good before his injury) and Hunt. Add in the fact we have a few other players who can deputise at RB and pring who seems to be emerging and are options here are pretty good. (*although if Bryan does go we definetly should get another LB in).

Then GK is left as the only uncertainty - not sure about our new signing as I havent seen him yet but it would be good to have someone who seriously challenges FF and Ideally an up grade who is exceptional on the ball. 

All in all though great competition for places and enough there to rotate + keep presure on players in posession of the shirt and hoepfully push them onto a higher level. 

13 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

The biggest positive for me is there is solid competition for places pretty much all over the pitch.

Upfront we have Djuric, who has been good and if fit is very good at this level and offers us something different. Fammy, who I think had a great first season and has the ability to be even better this year. Eisa, who has the potential to be fantastic. Wieman, who is very experienced at this level and will get a chance through the middle. And Taylor, who I really like (particularly his movement which I think is exceptional) but still has something to prove. 

Wide - we have COD, Adelukan, Elliason, Paterson and even Brownhill or Wieman can do a job there.

In the middle - Pack and Smith, people keep saying we need experience here but these two now have two champ seasons behind them and each of them at their peak are exceptional champ players. Then you have Brownhill who I love through the middle and can really drive things forward. Then you also have Paterson again and Walsh (if he is starting to step up from last season). 

CB - is actually very competitive with Baker, Bailey, and Webster definitely competing for two spaces. Then you have Taylor who (judging by the training video) was playing himself into contention and Vyner and Lloyd Kelly who both can play well there. 

LB - Bryan and Kelly and RB- Pisano (who I thought looked good before his injury) and Hunt. Add in the fact we have a few other players who can deputise at RB and pring who seems to be emerging and are options here are pretty good. (*although if Bryan does go we definetly should get another LB in).

Then GK is left as the only uncertainty - not sure about our new signing as I havent seen him yet but it would be good to have someone who seriously challenges FF and Ideally an up grade who is exceptional on the ball. 

All in all though great competition for places and enough there to rotate + keep presure on players in posession of the shirt and hoepfully push them onto a higher level. 

Agree totally again. I was talking with my dad about what we thought the starting XI would be against Forest. We both then realised how many good players we are leaving out and also how many new signings we're also leaving out. I don't get why people keep saying how we need people in midfield but then go on to say how Vital Korey is and how delighted people were with Pack signing a new deal. Then People also saying Brownhill is better through the middle and we also have Walsh. I think we're fine in the middle. Having looked at the squad numbers coming out, there's no one there that I'd be dissappointed seeing on the teamsheet.

Top Scorer: Diédhiou 
Breakthrough season(Player/s to have his best season at city and can fill his potential): Eliasson 
Make or break season(player/s that has to perform this season or will likely be off): Taylor
Rock Solid(What defender will we rely on): Baker
Fan Favourite: Eisa
Out of the bag(Player that can pull a piece of magic when needed): Adelakun

Archived