IGNORED

Pint & Whistle Bar

ashton_fan

30 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Did someone say free beer??

It's mentioned on Butcombe's web site so must be genuine. Butcombe will be giving out vouchers outside the stadium but the free pint can only be obtained between 1 and 2 so would need to go into the ground early. I'm guessing it's a bar in the concourse rather than a separate room but the difference is they're offering four different Butcombe beers, not just the 'Original'

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

It's mentioned on Butcombe's web site so must be genuine. Butcombe will be giving out vouchers outside the stadium but the free pint can only be obtained between 1 and 2 so would need to go into the ground early. I'm guessing it's a bar in the concourse rather than a separate room but the difference is they're offering four different Butcombe beers, not just the 'Original'

Did someone say VOUCHERS!!

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

It's mentioned on Butcombe's web site so must be genuine. Butcombe will be giving out vouchers outside the stadium but the free pint can only be obtained between 1 and 2 so would need to go into the ground early. I’m guessing it’s a bar in the concourse rather than a separate room but the difference is they're offering four different Butcombe beers, not just the 'Original'

Yep....it’s in the Rugby area....and I may be a ‘dinosaur’ but that still doesn’t sit well with me....I’m glad that SL rescued our city’s rugby club from the tip in Horfield but to me Ashton Gate is Bristol City FC....and I know I can’t have it both ways, but, but, but...oh, I don’t know, perhaps another snifter may help......

Update: the free beer is limited to 200 pints so offer will probably run out well before 2pm.

There is a BOGOF on Thatchers but you have to activate something on the app to claim it.

Bacon sandwich & hot drink for £5 at HT in coffee shop.

Details on the OS

Enjoy

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

They could do with some seating in a relaxed area. Will never visit the plastic til 5 min before kick off. Cottage Inn for me and BUTCOMBE REAL ALE

I'm quite fond of a few in The Slug and Lettuce (Millenium Square), followed by a few in The Grain Barge, and then if there's still time a couple in The Nova Scotia. 

By that point I couldn't care less about the football. I'm barely even aware there's a game going on. Which is probably for the best sometimes.

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Standing packed in a concrete area don't make me enjoy my pint of Butcombe real ale. I would like to sit down in a quite calm area chatting to fellow City fans

Agreed, I never drink at AG.

If I have a matchday pint it's the Nova Scotia or similar for me. It's far better than the Cottage, as is the ale imo., although sitting on the outside wall of the Cottage on a pleasant Summer evening does have its attractions.

The ambience around having a few pints is important imo. - traditional pubs get the thumbs up from me, the bustling, noisy, and often draughty AG concourse, no ta.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, I never drink at AG.

If I have a matchday pint it's the Nova Scotia or similar for me. It's far better than the Cottage, as is the ale imo., although sitting on the outside wall of the Cottage on a pleasant Summer evening does have its attractions.

The ambience around having a few pints is important imo. - traditional pubs get the thumbs up from me, the bustling, noisy, and often draughty AG concourse, no ta.

Used to stay upstairs at Nova Scotia. Mark the landlord. £18 for a room with full English breakfast. Stayaing one stair up we could get out but not in to the bar (alarmed).

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Used to stay upstairs at Nova Scotia. Mark the landlord. £18 for a room with full English breakfast. Stayaing one stair up we could get out but not in to the bar (alarmed).

Viva the Nova! Great pub.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep....it’s in the Rugby area....and I may be a ‘dinosaur’ but that still doesn’t sit well with me....I’m glad that SL rescued our city’s rugby club from the tip in Horfield but to me Ashton Gate is Bristol City FC....and I know I can’t have it both ways, but, but, but...oh, I don’t know, perhaps another snifter may help......

What's the rugby area?

Archived