IGNORED

Weimann

Langford Red

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He certainly moved a lot in the first 30 minutes. Thought he ran out of steam a bit after that.  Good goal though in the second minute of his league debut.  Maybe it would be a struggle for anyone to keep up with what he did in the first 30 mins for the full 90 though in that heat.

Maybe we could use all his energy for 60 mins and then bring on some fresh legs.

was the 5th wasnt it? nitpicking, I know

30 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

His best footballing mate is Barry Bannan.....

Would take Barry Bannan over Paterson. Pato today was really frustrating, which I hate to say, seems to be his default mode. A few nice touches, but zero creativity, incision or delivery, plus giving the ball away in dangerous situations. Surprised he stayed as long as he did, especially as Eisa could have done with more time on the pitch, but Pato seems to be an LJ favourite.

Thought Weimann, Patterson, O’Dowda and Eliasson were all pretty poor. In my opinion showed very little goal threat. Disappointed not to see Taylor start rather than Patterson. LJ should have taken Weimann and Patterson off after an hour and bought on Taylor and Eisa. 

Weimann put in a shift, always on the move, got stuck in, played well, looked very determined to prove a point. I thought both he and Webster had very good and encouraging debuts. If he can maintain what he done yesterday then he will turn out to be a decent buy. But I still think we lack a proper number 9, there was plenty of times we got forward and drifted out wide, and Weimann seemed to track out wide a lot too, we lacked a poacher in the middle. 

22 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I suspect I’m in a minority of one but after the first ten minutes I thought he was very poor indeed.  Created nothing, won nothing, didn’t even do the simple stuff well.  I hope he gets better, but a friend of mine who is a Villa fan said to me “Told you so” at about 6.00 today.  I’d love to see him succeed, but he didn’t look fit to lace Bobby’s boots today.  But hey, it’s all about different opinions and as I said, I seem to be in the minority.

Very difficult to play up there when he isn’t a number 9 . Wait till he’s playing alongside famara. Your judging him on 90 minutes as well ?

22 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I suspect I’m in a minority of one but after the first ten minutes I thought he was very poor indeed.  Created nothing, won nothing, didn’t even do the simple stuff well.  I hope he gets better, but a friend of mine who is a Villa fan said to me “Told you so” at about 6.00 today.  I’d love to see him succeed, but he didn’t look fit to lace Bobby’s boots today.  But hey, it’s all about different opinions and as I said, I seem to be in the minority.

I’d agree with that. No idea how he was the MOTM. 

However I don’t think he suits the CF role. So will be better to see him off Fammy.

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

Just watched Forest v WBA highlights. West Brom have some quality striker.

We’ve got a snip who runs about a lot?

And yet they got the same result we did against Forest. 

I think we lack another out and out striker for sure but think Weimann will look better with Fam. Until then we will have to make due watching small players try and make up for his loss with energy and quickness

33 minutes ago, swanker said:

Just watched Forest v WBA highlights. West Brom have some quality striker.

We’ve got a snip who runs about a lot?

Yes. On god knows how much a week. 

Id much prefer the £2m and half the wage budget for our striker who runs around a lot. 

Weimann will chip in with some goals and assists. That’s all you can ask for really. If him and Diedhou hit 10+ goals each then thats a more than acceptable return 

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Yes. On god knows how much a week. 

Id much prefer the £2m and half the wage budget for our striker who runs around a lot. 

Weimann will chip in with some goals and assists. That’s all you can ask for really. If him and Diedhou hit 10+ goals each then thats a more than acceptable return 

Hope you don’t change your tune in a couple of months?

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

And yet they got the same result we did against Forest. 

I think we lack another out and out striker for sure but think Weimann will look better with Fam. Until then we will have to make due watching small players try and make up for his loss with energy and quickness

Don’t share you optimism mate. I think we’re in for a long hard season!

we’ve sold quality and replaced it with average. 

On 05/08/2018 at 02:13, Northern Red said:

Definitely. Don't expect him to get as many as Bobby did last season then there's no guarantee that Bobby would have repeated the feat if he'd stayed.

I think Bobby will be doing exceedingly well if he bags more than a dozen goals this season. Weimann about the same I reckon. We have lost about 35 goals with Bobby and Flint going and with Duric seemingly on the way and Fammy out for 5 more games do we have enough fire power? I sincerely hope Eisa is not one of those 'punts' in the minds of the coaches. Its going to be an interesting 5 games until Fammy returns; hopefully he will go straight in unless Eisa and Weimann are banging them in for fun with Taylor coming on for the odd extra.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t see it quite so bleak but you have made up your mind all we can do is see. 

I hope I’m wrong but watching the last 60 minuets on Saturday didn’t inspire confidence in me.  

There are some quality teams in the championship this season and I’ve got a horrible feeling we’re going to get found out. 

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

I hope I’m wrong but watching the last 60 minuets on Saturday didn’t inspire confidence in me.  

There are some quality teams in the championship this season and I’ve got a horrible feeling we’re going to get found out. 

There are some quality but many lack options up front. We are ok with Fam and Weimann. An injury would be a concern and hopefully Eisa makes the step up. I agree we lack options and it could hurt us but think there are plenty of teams out there worse off than us. We should be safely midtable again which is fine. 

5 hours ago, swanker said:

Hope you don’t change your tune in a couple of months?

I won’t, I’m confident we’ll be above mid table. 

4 hours ago, swanker said:

Don’t share you optimism mate. I think we’re in for a long hard season!

we’ve sold quality and replaced it with average. 

Flint, for all his good going forward wasn’t/isn’t great at defending. His main priority. 

Reid, a huge success last term but his goals helped us achieve naff all in all honesty. 

Bryan, as per flint part of the defensive frailties last term. For all the good he’s done he’s still been part of two bad runs that have lasted near on half a season and has played a part in that. Same with Flint

We have replaced with championship experienced players, who from what I’ve seen have leadership skills that will hopefully stop the annual City shite form. 

Its wrong to write them off this early. You never know where this group can take us

Archived