IGNORED

BCTV is amazing

Notbarrymanc

3 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Well done city. I thought this was going to be another botch job having seen the fairly ropey app, but it’s brilliant. 

Multiple cameras/angles ?

Commentators ?

Guest commentators ?

Replays ?

Sensible camera director ?

No technical glitches ?

Fantastic value at £110 ?

Shame only overseas fans can watch

1 minute ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Well done city. I thought this was going to be another botch job having seen the fairly ropey app, but it’s brilliant. 

Multiple cameras/angles ?

Commentators ?

Guest commentators ?

Replays ?

Sensible camera director ?

No technical glitches ?

Fantastic value at £110 ?

I thought the filming was more professional but the commentator was atrocious . 

' Selling ' shirts and training wear during the game and talking casually with Bailey Wright when there was an interesting development in the play , not what I want from my commentators.

It's like he wasn't even following the match .

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

' Selling ' shirts and training wear during the game and talking casually with Bailey Wright when there was an interesting development in the play , not what I want from my commentators.

Yes, well, old people always find something to moan about.

He’s a lot better than silence and is probably in his first few games in his career. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Or just get sky

Only applicable to non-sky games. 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He managed to call them Wolves on one occasion.

But he was significantly better than against Bournemouth.

As for the service, if it remains at the level of today (not one drop at all) I will be one very happy camper, it was spot on today.

19 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Yes, well, old people always find something to moan about.

He’s a lot better than silence and is probably in his first few games in his career. 

Only applicable to non-sky games. 

' old people always find something to moan about ' ,

do they really ? 

How ' old ' is ' old ' ? 

I accept that it was probably his first game but come on as a commentator you commentate the game , banter about how hot it is in Australia doesn't interest anyone when the opposition are bearing down on the penalty area , basics .

52 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

' old people always find something to moan about ' ,

do they really ? 

How ' old ' is ' old ' ? 

I accept that it was probably his first game but come on as a commentator you commentate the game , banter about how hot it is in Australia doesn't interest anyone when the opposition are bearing down on the penalty area , basics .

That was bailey wright you incontinent old fool

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He managed to call them Wolves on one occasion.

But he was significantly better than against Bournemouth.

As for the service, if it remains at the level of today (not one drop at all) I will be one very happy camper, it was spot on today.

And Boro at one point I thought.  Either way was better than last seasons crowd noise alone. 

I used City Player last season and streamed all the away the games including Saturday games via a VPN however this year you cannot seem to purchase the overseas package unless you have a foreign address.

Also have you noticed we have 20 non Saturday fixtures this season, 5 on a Friday night, 5 on a Sunday and 5 on a Tuesday and 5 on a Wednesday night, this is obviously done to maximize the selling of these streaming packages

1 hour ago, westonred said:

I used City Player last season and streamed all the away the games including Saturday games via a VPN however this year you cannot seem to purchase the overseas package unless you have a foreign address.

Can’t you just make up an address? 

BCTV on the club website and app is a bit of a mess though.  There’s no interviews or highlights yet from yesterday, the “Latest video” is still Mo Eisa’s first Interview and when you scroll down there’s “all the latest videos from city’s pre season tour to Tenerife” 1 year ago! The YouTube channel has been updated but looks like BCTV has been forgotten about. Who’s head of media now?! 

It was fantastic yesterday and a lot better with the multi camera and commentary. However, I have a couple of minor pieces of feedback that I wouldn’t mind being communicated to the media team @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO 

Firstly, if I turn my phone landscape, whilst streaming via the app, the screen does not rotate. This meant I had to watch it in portrait and about half the size I could’ve. This was on an iPhone, and no, it was not because I had my screen locked in portrait! Not sure if anyone had these issues?

Secondly, it would be excellent if it was possible to use the app with chrome cast or another broadcasting device, which would allow me to put it on the tv. 

Anyway, the service was fantastic yesterday and the multi-camera and commentary improved the viewing experience significantly. 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You really are a lovely chap and a welcome addition to OTIB .

I refer you to my post number 4 and still wait for a reply to my question, which was probably also too hard for you to understand.

And now you’re being cantankerous to add to the frivolous moaning, attention seeking and general senility. I think that’s an OAP full house, ironically enough. 

3 hours ago, westonred said:

Also have you noticed we have 20 non Saturday fixtures this season, 5 on a Friday night, 5 on a Sunday and 5 on a Tuesday and 5 on a Wednesday night, this is obviously done to maximize the selling of these streaming packages

A friend told me the only address they were asked to input while signing up was a billing address - the one linked to their payment card. VPN sorted the rest!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

It needs to correspond to the address on your credit card statement, so I don't think you can.

Being from that industry I love busting popular myths.

No one checks the address on your card statement, it's simply not possible. What they check are numbers from the address your card is registered to. Therefore if your card is registered to 10 Ashton Road BS3 2EG, an address of 10 Rua Nova, Lisboa 32, Portugal will be a match and I assume achieve any overseas qualification required.

It's like "name as it appears on card". It's all bollocks, very few people check it and certainly not your card company. Put Mickey Mouse.  

22 minutes ago, Olé said:

Being from that industry I love busting popular myths.

No one checks the address on your card statement, it's simply not possible. What they check are numbers from the address your card is registered to. Therefore if your card is registered to 10 Ashton Road BS3 2EG, an address of 10 Rua Nova, Lisboa 32, Portugal will be a match and I assume achieve any overseas qualification required.

It's like "name as it appears on card". It's all bollocks, very few people check it and certainly not your card company. Put Mickey Mouse.  

You’ve been wrong about these things in the past. Remember kids: cheaters never prosper, winners don’t do drugs. 

Archived