IGNORED

Leeds v Stoke

Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Watching this reminds me what I thought a lot yesterday , despite it not being a classic

The Championship is now one hell of a standard , quick feet , great techniques on show and played at 100 mph so great athleticism required too

Skills on show with acconsistency that we’d have been shocked if we saw in the Prem 3/4 years ago

Brutal

We all debate how poor we or individuals are / were at times but there’s no hiding place in this league and if you arnt a good athlete and / or you can’t play , you’re not lasting long in this league

Best league in the uk bob any one can beat anyone and I would say there is no other league in the world we’re half the teams could win the league 

3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Best league in the uk bob any one can beat anyone and I would say there is no other league in the world we’re half the teams could win the league 

It’s when you look at the fixture list and realise that there’s not many games where you’re very confident of points !!!

The differential between who finishes top compared to who finishes bottom must surely be the narrowest in any league in World

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It’s when you look at the fixture list and realise that there’s not many games where you’re very confident of points !!!

The differential between who finishes top compared to who finishes bottom must surely be the narrowest in any league in World

I love it. it`s one of the reasons (financially aside) that I don`t see the Premier League as the be all and end all. Apart from the usual situation of one or two poor sides being tailed off early doors or an exceptional side at the top like Wolves last year it really is a division that`s up for grabs for nearly everyone within reason.

12 minutes ago, city123456 said:

Pains me to say, but Leeds looked really good, especially how quickly they replied to Stoke's goal, then proceeded to close the game out. 

See how it lasts through the winter grind. Could argue we played similarly well at times last season and then faltered after about 30 games. Will be interesting to see

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A midlands football writer on radio last night said Wolves had to buy Afobe as clause in the deal when he went there in loan (Committed to buy if they got promotion ) ( I’m sure we had same with Diony - at least we blew the relevance that clause to pieces :thumbsup:)

But they didn’t want him when it came to it so immediately offloaded him

Explains The ‘strange’ transfer

Afobe says that was not the case.

That post match interview was excruciatingly embarrassing though. The interviewer asked quite long questions, which the translator whispered into managers ear, manager replied in his lingo, was then told how to say that in English , and then attempted , badly, to copy what was said to him. Reminded me of a bad comedy sketch. 

17 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

That post match interview was excruciatingly embarrassing though. The interviewer asked quite long questions, which the translator whispered into managers ear, manager replied in his lingo, was then told how to say that in English , and then attempted , badly, to copy what was said to him. Reminded me of a bad comedy sketch. 

Julio Geordio?

Archived