IGNORED

Villa fans

Major Isewater

I had a good read of ' Villatalk ' last night and I don't see why all the negativity towards them.

There are a few who still think they're a massive club but are mostly put straight by the majority however it was pretty much like reading OTIB , just names are changed.

I think they handled the situation as well as we would have done. We have had players do the same thing to us in the past .

I think the negativity comes due more to the belters on twitter where most of the comments are arrogant in terms of they are a big club.

But that is the same with city fans - some of the crazy comments yesterday were embarrassing with one melt doing an RIP and saying we are basically relegated already.

I think the fact is you get more sensible/reasoned comments on forums and people prepared to debate a point rather than jumping on the popular opinion bandwagon.

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I had a good read of ' Villatalk ' last night and I don't see why all the negativity towards them.

There are a few who still think they're a massive club but are mostly put straight by the majority however it was pretty much like reading OTIB , just names are changed.

I think they handled the situation as well as we would have done. We have had players do the same thing to us in the past .

You should take a look at Heroes and Villains as on there they think they are massive. One bellend even said that Spurs were small in comparison to them

8 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

You should take a look at Heroes and Villains as on there they think they are massive. One bellend even said that Spurs were small in comparison to them

The view (as usual) depends on which way you face. I've dipped out of Hero's and Villains for years and found it a humorous, sarcastic read. 

Reading their ' Bryan ' thread from start to finish was funny as exactly the same things happened as on , I suppose, every forum.

A name is broken, some say he's rubbish others that he's good , comparisons with existing player ...

Then the inevitable climb down when said player doesn't sign, he's rubbish, why would he choose ' x ' club over us , they'll get relegated we'll go up ...

We're all the same.( except the Gas ) 

39 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

The view (as usual) depends on which way you face. I've dipped out of Hero's and Villains for years and found it a humorous, sarcastic read. 

I get your point about sarcasm but I feel a few on there truly believe that they are a huge club and it is all about their history.

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

I get your point about sarcasm but I feel a few on there truly believe that they are a huge club and it is all about their history.

Well yes and you can't live life in the past (as we all know). The reality of the present day kicks in sooner or later. No doubt they are a big club with a fabulous history though. On the flip side I'm pretty sure some on here come across as arrogant ***** to fans of other clubs who come on to OTIB to "see what City are up to". It happens on all clubs forums. Reading stuff from Chelsea you'd never believe that not so long ago they didn't have a pot to piss in

I think a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that they've spent money, despite all the warnings of FFP.

A lot of clubs actively won't spend money because of FFP, so if one club bucks that trend and buys enough talent to try and guarantee promotion it makes other fans jealous.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

They are a massive club, they just happen to be shit at the present time.

Quite agree, there were a fair few posters who said that they couldn't blame Bryan as the chance to play in the Premier was a no-brainer and also because he wasn't a Villa player he owed them nothing.

I should have another read Major

Dont worry about some of the comments about our club (The odd one harsh but fair)

Justify those hoping JB breaks a leg

4 hours ago, City Cat said:

Bit like the British Empire....

QE5DLW10OZBQ5WHMLQG8.jpg

Think that looks better than this season's kit.

Think that 7-3 formation would make us harder to break down as well  and the Lee Enfield's would give us decent strike power up front.

3 hours ago, reddoh said:

I think you may have drifted off topic.

Drifted?!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Think that looks better than this season's kit.

Think that 7-3 formation would make us harder to break down as well  and the Lee Enfield's would give us decent strike power up front.

Drifted?!

Trouble is we would turn around at half time and shoot at nothing while the Zulu's crept up on our goal ?

Archived