IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

My thoughts, where a 6 is a decent performance.

Maenpaa - 6 - Looked competent, don't see he could have done much about either goal

Hunt - 6 - Defensively ok, wish he would play the simple pass down the line to Eliasson more.

Webster - 6 - Solid enough, although almost caught out a couple of times in possession.

Baker - 4 - Second match running he has been outjumped for a goal, not sure why he let the ball run across our box for 2nd goal conceded either.

Kelly - 8 - Looked really good and cool in defence, made a few good forward runs too.

Pack - 8 - Played anchor role really well and provided assist for our first with slide rule pass.

Brownhill - 6 - Tried hard, things just didn't really come off for him.

Weimann - 8 - Worked his socks off and scored again, made good runs.

COD - 6 - Got more involved than against Forest, a couple of really good runs, faded in second half.

Eliasson - 6 - Didn't manage to whip in as many good crosses this game, but still looked capable. Shame was not given the ball more.

Pato - 5 - Would have given him a 3 if not for his well taken goal, really offered little support for Weimann, well under par as per Forest game. 

SUBS

Watkins - 7 - Looked promising, strong on the ball, played Weimann in for a great chance for a 2nd goal.

Taylor/Eisa - both looked sharp but only on for a few minutes so can't no ratings.

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Baker - 4 - Second match running he has been outjumped for a goal, not sure why he let the ball run across our box for 2nd goal conceded either.

Only seen the goals but exactly my thoughts, also looked to be just jogging back for the 2nd rather than breaking his neck to get back in position. My be worth trying kelly there Tuesday and Da-silva at LB

I like Baker but looking our weak link

I'd give Brownhill more than a 6, he was the only midfielder willing to drive forward and try to make things happen, him and pack were joint motm in my opinion. 

Give Baker a 5 for a couple of excellent blocks but bar that he was dreadful. 

Elliasson a 7 as well, a couple of things didn't come off but he had excellent feet and was unlucky not to get a penalty. 

Bar that though I think you've got it spot on

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Do people still think Baker is amazing? Been a bit confused by people rating him so highly on here. Wright has to come in for him when fit. Paterson just too inconsistent and maybe need to change those 2 for next league game. 

I hope that you're not suggesting that Wright come in as the left-sided CB because he'd be out of position there as he proved when he first joined us.

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd give Brownhill more than a 6, he was the only midfielder willing to drive forward and try to make things happen, him and pack were joint motm in my opinion. 

Elliasson a 7 as well, a couple of things didn't come off but he had excellent feet and was unlucky not to get a penalty. 

Our stand out players were Kelly, Elliasson, Brownhill and Pack with the later just the mom.

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

My thoughts, where a 6 is a decent performance.

Maenpaa - 6 - Looked competent, don't see he could have done much about either goal. 7 for me.

Hunt - 6 - Defensively ok, wish he would play the simple pass down the line to Eliasson more. 7 again his pass for the equaliser was great.

Webster - 6 - Solid enough, although almost caught out a couple of times in possession. 7.

Baker - 4 - Second match running he has been outjumped for a goal, not sure why he let the ball run across our box for 2nd goal conceded either. 5.

Kelly - 8 - Looked really good and cool in defence, made a few good forward runs too. 7 tired towards the end.

Pack - 8 - Played anchor role really well and provided assist for our first with slide rule pass. Agree.

Brownhill - 6 - Tried hard, things just didn't really come off for him. Agree.

Weimann - 8 - Worked his socks off and scored again, made good runs. 7 for me.

COD - 6 - Got more involved than against Forest, a couple of really good runs, faded in second half. 5 average at best.

Eliasson - 6 - Didn't manage to whip in as many good crosses this game, but still looked capable. Shame was not given the ball more. Agree and his defensive abilities have certainly improved.

Pato - 5 - Would have given him a 3 if not for his well taken goal, really offered little support for Weimann, well under par as per Forest game. 4 the goal saved him from a 2 for me.

SUBS

Watkins - 7 - Looked promising, strong on the ball, played Weimann in for a great chance for a 2nd goal. 6 for me.

Taylor/Eisa - both looked sharp but only on for a few minutes so can't no ratings.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I thought Brownhill and Weimann were our two best players. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Baker confidence shot. Needs support

Do you remember that's exactly how it was with Flint when he first arrived? - shocking defender.

Baker had a brilliant season at AV before he was sold to us.

I have no clue whatsoever why Baker has such howlers when he is clearly a very good player a lot of the time. Last season so many on here were saying he was more important than Flint and I'd pretty much agree yet he just goes missing a bit too often.

21 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Do you remember that's exactly how it was with Flint when he first arrived? - shocking defender.

Baker had a brilliant season at AV before he was sold to us.

I have no clue whatsoever why Baker has such howlers when he is clearly a very good player a lot of the time. Last season so many on here were saying he was more important than Flint and I'd pretty much agree yet he just goes missing a bit too often.

Baker at his best is certainly better than Flint at his best. Problem is Baker’s best doesnt come out very often!

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I hope that you're not suggesting that Wright come in as the left-sided CB because he'd be out of position there as he proved when he first joined us.

Our stand out players were Kelly, Elliasson, Brownhill and Pack with the later just the mom.

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

No. Webster can play left side. Wright right side. Baker is a liability 

Beat me to it.

Baker needs to get his head around playing at full-tilt, when he does he is a very good CB.  When he tries to coast at 90% he’s half the player.  If playing 100% means he picks up niggly injuries then do be it.

I would be very tempted to play Wright if fit, it might give Baker a kick up the arse.

Archived