IGNORED

Alun Armstrong

EmersonsKev

Speaking to a Ipswich fan at work last night i decided to grill him about Mr Armstrong. Mate believes he is with out a doubt better than anything we have got, i did ask him if there was any biased in his answer and claimed he was being 100% truthful the only problem is that he is a bit injury prone. Can hold up the ball well but also has a very keen eye for goal. Maybe he's the target man we need?

He did leave me with one thought before he walked off, all he said was 2 goals against Inter Milan in the Uefa cup he cant be bad.

Guest City 'Til I Die

Yeah, I think that if he can stay fit and available then he'd be a great addition to the ranks. I remember when he was playing regular he was pretty tidy. Probably is the best striker at this club, at his best.

i've always thought he was a very good player - surprised really that he hasn't got more offers but i suppose if you arent fit you aren't going to get work

certainly think if he is fit then would be a good addition - from what i remember very good in air and at holding ball up.

does anyone know what his injury history is? one big long term injury or a succession of niggles?

Guest Tinman's Cider Army

He was out with a long term injury last season and i think he just kept getting niggling injuries every time he tried to make a comeback

If he stays I can't see all the strickers staying, it will be Roberts for the chop in my humble opinion :/

I think a fit Armstrong would be a fantastic asset!

I don't know if Roberts would go. Due to his pace he can provide us with another option down the right, should the need arrive.

Archived