IGNORED

Positives..?

Andy082005

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don't disagree. I think PNE do a fantastic job. 

They do what all good teams do and that's make it their absolute aim to not concede a goal. Build from the back. Be hard to break down and hard to beat.

We go the other way and are too attack focussed, 'buy a striker' syndrome as I call it.

When you set up as offensively as we do, you need the attacking quality to back that up, which we don't have. Because we basically disregard defensive solidity, we end up needing to score 2/3/4 routinely to win games, and we don't have the quality to do that.

Said it so many times before but a 0-0 is a lot better than a 3-4. 

Funnily, Preston judging by stats alone have actually been a pretty dominant side this year...more so than us in some respects, finishing not so much.

We have a few Preston fans on here, would be interesting to know if they see any similarities this year.

That said, agree with the thrust of your posts...not just too easy to score against but to play against, play through too.

When it went 2-0 after half an hour or so was it, I genuinely feared we could have been looking down the barrel of a bit of a thumping- what with ease of the 2 goals and injuries at centre backs.

Archived