IGNORED

4-4-3 A Good Thing?

nofx

I note that courtesy of a resounding victory last night Tinnion is liking the

look of a 4-4-3 formation. Does this make the Carey exit even more of a mistake? In this formation we will need 4 solid defenders in particular the full backs. We have hill on the left but no one on the right. please dont say Amankwaah or Harley I am not convinced that they are good enough, especially with no protection in front of them. Personally I still think that 3-5-2 is the way forward. Views?

look of a 4-4-3 formation. Does this make the Carey exit even more of a mistake? In this formation we will need 4 solid defenders in particular the full backs. We have hill on the left but no one on the right. please dont say Amankwaah or Harley I am not convinced that they are good enough, especially with no protection in front of them. Personally I still think that 3-5-2 is the way forward. Views?

I second that, just hope he comes back from injury raring to go and better than ever!

The victory aside, i still think we will be playing 3-5-2 at the start of next season as its a solid tried and tested formation, although its always good to have an attacking formation to switch to that the players fit into well, which seems to be the case after banging in 9 goals (even to sub standard opposition).

Are we allowed to play 4-4-3? That would be brilliant

if we can have 12 on the pitch!! :P

Guest 21palmyra

Harley or Waankmag not good enough I'm afraid. 3-5-2 probably the way forward. Phillips - Hill*Cole######Butler - Bell*Do##Orr*Wilkshire*Murray - Hef##Miller

Fortune, Lita, Gillespie, Roberts, Waankmag, Woodman, Harley, Anyinsah etc... all battling it out to make the bench. Maybe Woodman instead of Bell in the starting XI??? And don't forget Tins will obviously figure in his own plans as he will still be able to make an impact, albeit in fewer games than previous years.

I thought Tins said at the start that 3-5-2 was the way forward, then after one game says players didn't like it, so tries 4-3-3 and works better! Not sure about anyone else, but I hope he makes his mind up soon so the players know what they are supposed to be doing. We had enough problems last season with players being played in different positions and not quite getting it together without starting this season with different formations every game.

Personally, I thought the 4-3-3 didn't work as well as 3-5-2 - lacked width, didn't seem to offer any more protection in defence and not sure our strikers (particularly Roberts) quite worked out where they were supposed to be playing.

But then I guess that's what friendly matches are for, to iron out all these issues before the season proper gets started.

Why are we quiblling over whether Harley / Amaankwah are good enough. Clayton Fortune and Kye Holly both looked excellent last night.

As far as Midfield goes, we shouldnt overlook Ayinsah as a replacement for Brown. Roberts looked good just dropped behind the front 2 - playing a free role and doing what he does best. Apart from his little outburst last night I thought he showed he can do the business.

I think 4-3-3 is a good thing. Although it's still early days.

I'm not sure about 4-3-3.....Its great against weaker opposition but if your playing a strong team then I can see us getting overun, Though i suppose if this is happening then its easy to revert back to a 4-4-2. I'm confident Amankwaah will be fine at right back but he's not going to be ready for the opening few fixtures so..... :dunno:

Archived