IGNORED

Taking time to learn to love again...

cityexile

Just my old ramblings really, but I found it difficult to look at our team at the start of the season and feel any great attachment at all to them.

Three of the players that defined the team had moved on, and we had new wedge of players, where it kind of felt like...’they happen to be playing for Bristol City this year, but could have been for anyone’. 

Takes a while, and of course a win helps, but think I am started to bond with them now after five games. That bit of anticipation about how good could Kelly get, that ‘blimey, 4 goals in four games ain’t bad’ feeling, starting to know the new characters a bit and what they bring.

Hopefully no worse than mid table this season. A lot still to do to secure even that.

One swallow does not make a summer etc etc, but just me and it’s the win and the sherbet talking?

The one for me last night was Pisano.

I've been critical of the bloke in the past and I would maintain that his performances deserved it at times. However, he did as well as could be expected tonight in central defence, and he is actually excellent in the air.

What I really noted though is passion and heart. The guy cares, gives his all, and he was absolutely delighted at the end and milked some deserved adulation from the fans.

A very likeable character, well done Eros, keep it up.

7 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

I've been critical of the bloke in the past and I would maintain that his performances deserved it at times. However, he did as well as could be expected tonight in central defence, and he is actually excellent in the air.

What I really noted though is passion and heart. The guy cares, gives his all, and he was absolutely delighted at the end and milked some deserved adulation from the fans.

Curiously it may just be in central defence that Pisano shines . So often in a match he looks to be blowing hard , may be just a lack of game time or perhaps at his age he can't run up and down the wings like Hunt or Kelly can .

There's no doubting that Eros is a scrapper and a big character. This just pushes Hegeler further down the pecking order though .

18 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

I'm with you. He's got a ruthless and streetwise streak which could serve us well. And would prove popular. Got a great reception as he walked off. Impressed with him last night. 

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm with you. He's got a ruthless and streetwise streak which could serve us well. And would prove popular. Got a great reception as he walked off. Impressed with him last night. 

My only issue is that, with him central and Pack picking the ball up deep, it makes it even harder for my old eyes to tell them apart at a distance. :)

Archived