IGNORED

Silent/Blind Auction

Ben4BCFC

Hey fellow reds,

Bit of a self plug but it's charity based so hopefully it doesn't p*ss too many off. I don't really know how to lead into this sort of stuff so I'll just dive straight in.

Next year I'm going to be running the London Marathon for Kidney Research UK, a cause that is close to my heart. My father in-law was recently struck with an autoimmune disorder that attacked his kidneys and took away all function in just 3 weeks. He got a transplant (after his wife donated her kidney!) after two years of chemo, plasmapheresis and dialysis, so it is a cause hugely important to me. In the lead-up to Christmas, I'm hoping to do a blind auction. The plan is to get some 'showcase' items to get people intrigued - for example, I have a hand-drawn original Shaun the Sheep drawing by the man who invented him; something that recently went for over £2000 at a Grand Appeal online auction - alongside some smaller, more affordable items/vouchers/experiences that people would be able to purchase as Christmas presents or as a treat to themselves. I'm hoping to get something from the club too, but I know this site is full of talented and eclectic people so thought I'd throw it out and see what I got back.

I know it's a massive long shot, but if any of you have absolutely anything at all that you may be able to help contribute, I would be incredibly grateful. I know it's a shot in the dark, but I wanted to ask coz I know how good this forum is in times of hardship. Feel free to PM me, or if you'd like to know any more about the story behind my run, my page is here: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BenWilliamsButt

And if nothing else, Up the City.

Cheers, and take it easy.
Ben4BCFC

Archived