IGNORED

Colin and Bobby

italian dave

He's actually listed on their website as a midfielder - looked on there the other day when the thing about his name came up!

Warnock doesn't see him as a striker at all. Strange one though when you consider the reason they bought him was on the back of his goals scored from playing up front last season....

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Long ball team! Have a look at this (below) from 0:33 .....loads more like it last season....don’t believe the hype..

Bringing up one highlight over and over from last year doesn't exactly make them an excellent footballing team, there is much more evidence to point to them being a long ball unit

16 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Maybe we should have him back on loan in January to give him game time.  Obviously we won't be paying all his wages though.

Stitched Colin up well there didn't we, even worse than we did with Tubby Tomlin.  I doubt he will have any more of our players on his shopping list.

Maybe Bobby will get a game when they bounce back down to the Championship at the end of the season.

He is playing in the PL so don’t be too bitter now, with Murphy on one wing and bobby up front or on the right wing, we will do ok, junior hoillet and zohore too, we have plenty of pace. Added to this 2 new midfielders in Arter, who looks perfect and camerassa from Betis, we now have a midfield who can play a bit, how un Warnock hey?  Still, it doesn’t bother me if we do come back down, we will be a lot stronger next season. Can’t work out who I want to win today with you at the unwashed. I guess you lot aren’t going anywhere, so jacks to lose and go down again.

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Bringing up one highlight over and over from last year doesn't exactly make them an excellent footballing team, there is much more evidence to point to them being a long ball unit

I read an interview with Colin recently - he can be very interesting if you get him away from an actual game, around a game he is obnoxious - in which he said he prefers to get the ball into the final third quickly and play from there.

That is a perfectly valid approach, though I think it will have limited effect in the PL and personally I don't enjoy watching it. It doesn't require a number 10 however but rather combative and energetic players.

Bobby fits that description but his role would be more likely be to try to pressurise defenders and pick up loose balls around the box. He certainly isn't going to be a playmaker.

19 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Bobby. .7

Totally wrong fit for me but he is quite versatile, so maybe he can make it work, we'll see.

Left back perhaps?

18 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Stitched Colin up well there didn't we, even worse than we did with Tubby Tomlin.  I doubt he will have any more of our players on his shopping list.

Bit sad to see Nick Carle go for a million but within 2 months Colin had managed to turn him into powder puff so felt better.

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

Why play a number 10 in a long ball team? I could never see how Bobby would fit into their style.

Because he can have the energy to get in behind that long ball or beyond it if it sticks. The ten viewed as a playmaker there is misnomer. Cardiff attacking players are all expected to cover lots of ground in games but also in a pressing capacity.Bobby Reid's physical capacity to cover ground is a primary asset.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They got promoted we didn’t, that’s the only stat and ‘evidence’ that counts at the end of the day....

Very true but the clear evidence is that they were a long ball team. Of course they will score a number of goals by passing, any idiot can work that out as they are pro footballers, but essentially they are a long ball team and there is tonnes of stats to support it.

51 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Because he can have the energy to get in behind that long ball or beyond it if it sticks. The ten viewed as a playmaker there is misnomer. Cardiff attacking players are all expected to cover lots of ground in games but also in a pressing capacity.Bobby Reid's physical capacity to cover ground is a primary asset.

Yes, the term no.10 does seem to be used to mean different things by different people. I could do with a glossary. Or a return to full backs, half backs etc. ?

Archived