IGNORED

Loan players and being in Liverpool's bad books

cheese

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

My favourite being:

"Imo for every good ball he puts in there's also a *ucking awful effort'. 

Why did Steve Gerrard not pick up the phone to Lee? Or, like Lee, its a guy upstairs who pushes these deals through? You could easily argue a case for Steve making an even bigger balls up than Lee. All exceedingly odd.

This is the thin edge of the wedge.

In Portugal if you so much as do a drag back in the top two divisions one of the big three will sign you speculatively and then loan you back out to their preferred clubs.

At least we are taking about manipulative rules between the Premiership and the Championship. In Portugal the players get loaned out to all the other top flight teams.

So you end up with a few clubs up against their own reserves. And if the reserves win in even slightly contentious circumstances  you can instantly recall all your players in a tantrum (Sporting did this not long ago).

To be honest I get uncomfortable the more we start getting season long loans from the top clubs as I know where this ends up - a closed shop with a bunch of also rans fighting over loan players.

Oh, and Ryan Kent didn't look like he had listened to any coaching so if Liverpool really are upset they need to take a good long look at what they are doing with their young players, not blaming others.

"And this is the bit that's frustrating for me with the fans. Really I need to say 'come out of dreamland: he's signed for this amount per week and he's now played for England. We ain't getting him.

"We're getting him when he hasn't kicked a ball in the division. At that point we take the risk and we get the reward like we did."

Simple enough. Kalas must fit within the wage structure/

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

This premier league youth loan system is such a joke.

The top clubs have a strangle hold on the best young players, stockpiling them - which has not only driven up the price of younger players all down the leagues, but means these same clubs lower league clubs pay again for their development as the big boys pimp them out for 7 figure loan fees.

And the icing on the cake, a fine for the borrowing club if their youth player doesn’t apply themselves or play well.

It’s mafia stuff and all the while the top clubs get richer and richer.

Really agree with this. I don't think it actually helps their development either - If they have been playing poorly and end up back in the team they have no idea if they've played their way back in or we just don't fancy the penalty this month. Remeber videos with Tinman last season where he said its not something we ever insist on and if our players can't get in the team then they need to except and work harder to get in. That not being in the team can in its own way be good for development and how a player reacts to it will tell you a lot about their desire and attitude.  One area I think we have it right.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Kent had similar problems on loan in Germany. He found it very difficult to integrate with the squad and consequently was something of a loner. That obviously effected his performances.

Liverpool would have been aware of the difficulties he had in Germany but probably assumed it was down to a different culture and language.

The same sort of thing happened with us but as an English club Liverpool probably thought he’d settle in and be fine but he wasn’t.

That says more about Ryan Kent than anything else.

Now he’s on loan at Rangers with Liverpool legend Gerrard in charge. It’ll be interesting to see if Kent has the same difficulties up there.

Someone should've lent him a copy of Krek Waiter's Peek Brizzle before he arrived.

Archived