IGNORED

COMMANDO NIKI MÄÄENPÄÄ

bristolcitysweden

100% agree, commands the box, comes out and sweeps, so much better then what we have had before.

His game style means he will probably make a slip or two and occasionally concede from it, but I hope he keeps playing without fear if and when that happens, as it will help us win far more games.

Very impressed so far. Wasn't expecting much considering how many first team games he's played in the last few years, but based on a few games I've seen I can see why Brighton wanted to keep him.

To me it also looks like the defenders are a lot happier (I appreciate that the change in defensive personnel is also a factor). They're comfortable to play the ball back him and make the angle to receive the ball back from the keeper. Distribution, long and short, is a real upgrade on last season

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Looks an outstanding bit of business. Looks so much better than Frankie imo.

Agree he looks good but we thought the same about RO'D. Frankie has played 150+ games for us, Maenpaa has played 5 so I'm reserving judgement although encouraging so far. Test will be how he reacts when he makes a bad mistake.

Archived