IGNORED

I've never been more relaxed.....

CHAZ MICHAELS

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Confused as to how someone giving their opinion on yesterday’s game in isolation constitutes them living in ‘dreamland’ ? 

Your main point is about other games - something the OP didn’t reference at all! 

I am, of course, happy with two away wins but I was highlighting the fact that the performances in the first five matches have been very inconsistent. Thus it is difficult to know if we have turned a corner with consistent performances, even if not consistent points gathering. Or will we continue with the inconsistency?

As an aside, we are all pleased with wins at QPR and Swansea but how can we be anything other than just relieved with the point at Bolton? We outplayed them for almost all the match, but still give away two goals and end up chasing them for a draw. I note that Sheff U didn't have those problems against them yesterday.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I am, of course, happy with two away wins but I was highlighting the fact that the performances in the first five matches have been very inconsistent. Thus it is difficult to know if we have turned a corner with consistent performances, even if not consistent points gathering. Or will we continue with the inconsistency?

As an aside, we are all pleased with wins at QPR and Swansea but how can we be anything other than just relieved with the point at Bolton? We outplayed them for almost all the match, but still give away two goals and end up chasing them for a draw. I note that Sheff U didn't have those problems against them yesterday.

A fair point but from what I`ve seen four out of the five league goals we`ve conceded this season have come from players outjumping our CBs which we appear to have addressed by the signing of Kalas so we should hope that particular deficiency has been dealt with now. Consistency should now follow if the defence has been tightened up and we`re not chasing games so much.

34 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You must also have noted that Sheff Utd did have problems against Swansea however, resulting in them losing? 

On the OP, I’m not sure where they stated anything about turning a corner. From what I can see they were just saying that the performance yesterday was so commanding that it was the most relaxed they had felt watching city. Not really sure what about that means they are in ‘dreamland’? 

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Another City fan living in dreamland. 

You conveniently forget the inconsistent performances a week or two ago. Like going two down to a dismal Bolton. And three points donated to a good Boro side without them having to work for them.

I'm enjoying two wins this week but at the moment I'm not sure which City team will turn up against Blackburn.

There are a lot of new arrivals as well as the key departures the team need to gel and I think you will see the  team get stronger as the season unfolds. This is a hard division especially with the massive transfer fees. I think we are holding up well and a realistic mid table finish will suit me fine.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Johnson has a tough job. Not only does he have to develop young players by recruiting and then as there are no competitive matches within the academy system has to send them out on loan to gain essential experience of men’s football. 

Obviously he has an extensive team of scouts and academy coaches to do the bulk of the work but ultimately it’s his responsibility.

Add to that the huge job of building a squad, making a profit where possible ( Flint, Bryan,Reid ) and selecting a team that he feels  can compete against whoever the opposition are, and all with a serious number of injured players being unavailable.

This is where he often gets criticised, usually from fans who think they’d do a better job...............:cool2:

Plus, he has certain financial restrictions overseen by MA largely because SL is extremely reluctant to fund the vast salaries some of these players demand - hence no marquee signings. If there were then the situation of one/two players being on more than the others can create disharmony within the squad - the last thing you want.......

My attitude towards LJ is to withhold hostile criticism and leave the guy to get on with his job.

All I can say, Robbo, is I absolutely agree with you. I've been loyal to LJ since he took on the job, and I wish people would get off his back, and let him get on with managing a team he clearly loves. 

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Confused as to how someone giving their opinion on yesterday’s game in isolation constitutes them living in ‘dreamland’ ? 

Your main point is about other games - something the OP didn’t reference at all! 

My 5 year daughter saw me clicking like on your post and insisted I change it to the unicorn. sorry.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

And that’s fine, your posts in this thread have highlighted your valid concerns.

My point was that shoehorning them into a reply and accusing the poster of living in ‘dreamland’ was a bit strange.

Archived