IGNORED

Tonight ( Tuesday) 7.30 ko

Portland Bill

47 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m here now, I looks more like it’s a City under 16? side.

I'm sorry that I'm not there as only a short hop from Burnham. Been mixing cement and laying slabs all day in a garden project. Aching all over, no sympathy please.

So Portland Bill, after the game, would appreciate any comments on the game and our young ones.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm sorry that I'm not there as only a short hop from Burnham. Been mixing cement and laying slabs all day in a garden project. Aching all over, no sympathy please.

So Portland Bill, after the game, would appreciate any comments on the game and our young ones.

City’s younguns ( I heard it was a mix of under 16’s, under 18’s and a couple under 23’s) knocked the ball about really nicely at times, without any real cutting edge. 

We have a lot of neat and tidy players rather than any outstanding individuals, judging by tonight’s performance. At the same time it’s also very hard to judge, as Cheddar are a very decent side at this level, they played some real nice passing football and obviously had a massive physical advantage over the young City lads. 

It was 1-1 up to the hour mark, and the thought was that City’s fitness levels may come through in the last third of the game. But Cheddar scored twice between ( roughly) the 60 to 70 min period, and were then quite happy to then sit in with shape and allow City the ball. A good evenings entertainment. 

One thing I must add, City’s keeper made two outstanding saves, one in each half, seriously brilliant saves. 

14 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

City’s younguns ( I heard it was a mix of under 16’s, under 18’s and a couple under 23’s) knocked the ball about really nicely at times, without any real cutting edge. 

We have a lot of neat and tidy players rather than any outstanding individuals, judging by tonight’s performance. At the same time it’s also very hard to judge, as Cheddar are a very decent side at this level, they played some real nice passing football and obviously had a massive physical advantage over the young City lads. 

It was 1-1 up to the hour mark, and the thought was that City’s fitness levels may come through in the last third of the game. But Cheddar scored twice between ( roughly) the 60 to 70 min period, and were then quite happy to then sit in with shape and allow City the ball. A good evenings entertainment. 

One thing I must add, City’s keeper made two outstanding saves, one in each half, seriously brilliant saves. 

I fully agree with this view of the game. City on the night didn't have a striker (winger played up front) and it showed. It was indeed a very young team, even the couple of "U23s" that played are only in their first year out of U18s. City's keeper was Aaron Sainsbury, just turned 17. Fair play to Cheddar, played very well and in a good spirit too, their second goal was a tremendous move.

5 hours ago, Coach said:

I fully agree with this view of the game. City on the night didn't have a striker (winger played up front) and it showed. It was indeed a very young team, even the couple of "U23s" that played are only in their first year out of U18s. City's keeper was Aaron Sainsbury, just turned 17. Fair play to Cheddar, played very well and in a good spirit too, their second goal was a tremendous move.

Aaron Sainsbury, a name to remember on last nights performance, he looked very assured for a 17 year old, looked good with his feet and very composed.

As I said in my previous post,  some of the saves he made were simply outstanding.

I was right behind the second half save where he pushed the ball on to the crossbar, a reaction save of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Aaron Sainsbury, a name to remember on last nights performance, he looked very assured for a 17 year old, looked good with his feet and very composed.

As I said in my previous post,  some of the saves he made were simply outstanding.

I was right behind the second half save where he pushed the ball on to the crossbar, a reaction save of the highest order.

Anyone know if he’s related to Paul Sainsbury, local footballer.  His kids used to sit near us at AG, and might be that kind of age.

Archived