IGNORED

Team for sunday!

BCFC OF SWEDEN

I’d get Famara back in for Wiemann. I remember very clearly that many on here said he wouldn’t be any good...!

In all seriousness, I can’t see us changing a winning team (injury permitting) and I think we’ll see Famara in the second half. 

I would go COD on the right and Eliasson on the left. I get people saying they wouldn’t change a winning side but i would. Fam is a serious upgrade on Taylor and while Taylor worked hard and at times made it awkward for defenders these last few games, I don’t think that is why we won. 2 ok games from MT is not enough for me to forget the other 18 months. Diedhiou all day for me. That said i would not be surprised if it is a bit too early to start him after basically a month off(from competitive matches). 

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

PS. @BCFC OF SWEDEN is your avatar genuinely a representation, in gif form, of Denmark and Sweden spit-roasting Italy?

2-2 in Euro 2004 between Sweden and Denmark, that result made that we and Denmark was going to the quarter final and Italy was out. Italy said that the result was settled by us and Denmark.

Ps dont show the avatar to Pisano :)

Also depends what's going on in training but watching the full replay you can see the amount of work that Taylor is doing in roughing up the opposition defence and defending from the front, as well as laying the ball off to Niclas and Weinmann and putting players in on goal eg. COD.

So I'm imagining that LJ won't change things unless there is a reason. Fammy will come on late as a sub.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d get Famara back in for Wiemann. I remember very clearly that many on here said he wouldn’t be any good...!

In all seriousness, I can’t see us changing a winning team (injury permitting) and I think we’ll see Famara in the second half. 

Spot on - team were fantastic at Swansea, no need to start with anyone different barring an injury

20 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

2-2 in Euro 2004 between Sweden and Denmark, that result made that we and Denmark was going to the quarter final and Italy was out. Italy said that the result was settled by us and Denmark.

Ps dont show the avatar to Pisano :)

I think you're getting close to why Engvall really left?

1 hour ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Niki
Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Kelly
Eliasson, Pack, Brownhill, Watkins (O´Dowda if Watkins is injured)
Famara, Weimann

Much more balanced team and a better defence compared to last year! 

Another Clean sheet?

Thoughts?

I'd start COD as he did well when he came on. And keep Taylor in the starting line up, he's played well and is at least a good squad player. Dropping him would be bad for his moral and show other players that performance doesn't matter. Excited to have Fammy back but bring him on after 60 mins that way he gets 30 and Taylor gets a chance to show he can make the step up. 

15 minutes ago, marmite said:

This and only this for me.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

same starting 11 for me,

its not broke don't fix it, 

Totally agree and would play the same starting XI as Swansea. Our most complete performance in a long time and confidence is bound to be high. Fam will need some time to ensure his match fitness is back to where it needs to be, and Blackburn are on a good run. Though depending on Hunt's fitness there may have to be a shuffle - i.e. bringing in Pisano.

• Admin

I get what people are saying about giving MT the first hour but I'd do it the other way round  and get an hour into Fam's legs, roughing up the defenders before bringing on Taylor to take advantage in the closing stages. Two week break after this game so I think 60mins would be good for Fam.

33 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I get what people are saying about giving MT the first hour but I'd do it the other way round  and get an hour into Fam's legs, roughing up the defenders before bringing on Taylor to take advantage in the closing stages. Two week break after this game so I think 60mins would be good for Fam.

It’s a tough one, because normally it’s a case of not wanting to rush a player back from injury, in case ofva recurrence, but that’s not the case with Diedhiou.

The ideal scenario, would’ve have been to have won v Plymouth to give Famara the start in Rd2, and evaluate how ready he was to start v Blackburn.

I think personally I’d start with MT and AW.  The two games they’ve started together, we’ve won, we’ve defended from the front better, coincidence of two clean sheets (?), and as crap as it sounds, it might be a lucky pairing or at least a pairing that seems to work and get results.

I don’t think most people thought Reid and Pato was a good pairing on paper, surely we’ll get outmuscled, etc, but it worked because it forced us to play channels and feet and Reid and Pato knew where they were expected to run.  There was no point in lofting high balks forward, so the players knew if there was no ball to feet, a clipped ball down the sides of the CBs would find a willing runner, and often CB would clear into touch with the whole team advancing 40 yards up the pitch.  From there we made it difficult for teams to get out.

There are two other questions:

• Watkins or O’Dowda
  • Hunt or Pisano (if Hunt still seeing stars)

Ultimately LJ is picking a starting eleven from the same set of 14 players we are all considering.  I would be disappointed if LJ picked a starter from outside that 14.  There is no way Baker comes into the reckoning for a starting berth imho.  Paterson is second in line at best to Taylor, and more likely wide cover if Diedhiou is ready to play at some stage.

• Admin

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ultimately LJ is picking a starting eleven from the same set of 14 players we are all considering.  I would be disappointed if LJ picked a starter from outside that 14.  There is no way Baker comes into the reckoning for a starting berth imho.  Paterson is second in line at best to Taylor, and more likely wide cover if Diedhiou is ready to play at some stage.

This is where LJ throws a curveball and lines up with a 3412 like this ?

Maenpaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

O'Dowda Brownhill Pack Eliasson

Weimann

Diedhiou Taylor

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I think the issue is the message it sends to MT and other players who are trying to establish themselves. If MT doesn't start then he will feel he has been dropped and if you want players fighting for the shirt you can't drop them if they've stepped up. MT has had two good games and scored in one of them. It was an important goal as well and whilst not beautiful was out of nothing and put us on the front foot in a game that was pretty uninspiring at that point.

The idea of Fammy and Wieman is really exciting but we don't need to rush to get there. It's a long season that combination will come at some point. 

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

So you suggest we make a sub on the 30 minute mark? Weird.

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

same starting 11 for me,

its not broke don't fix it, 

Fine playing that 11 in an away game where we are likely to have to press and chase the ball more but at home with two wide men then surely we need Fammy to start and be the one to get his head on the end of crosses as opposed to Taylor?

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

This is where LJ throws a curveball and lines up with a 3412 like this ?

Maenpaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

O'Dowda Brownhill Pack Eliasson

Weimann

Diedhiou Taylor

Like it but suspect it is too attack minded even for LJ. I think we might dominate the match yet be caught on the break at least enough times for Blackburn to grab all three points.

8 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Niki
Hunt, Webster, Kalas, Kelly
Eliasson, Pack, Brownhill, Watkins (O´Dowda if Watkins is injured)
Famara, Weimann

Much more balanced team and a better defence compared to last year! 

Another Clean sheet?

Thoughts?

Don't think Diedhiou should start. Put on the bench for a while.  Taylor doing very well with Weimann.  

And if Diedhiou plays with Weimann,  who's going to be central striker ? Weimann is loving that role, and scoring goals.  

9 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

And if Diedhiou plays with Weimann,  who's going to be central striker ? Weimann is loving that role, and scoring goals.  

Really good point, will Weimann have to drop into a ‘10’ position supporting Diedhiou. If that’s the case we may lose the Weimann we’ve had at the start of the season.

Archived