IGNORED

“I Can’t rule out championship players”

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I see what you're saying, but for years you have got better value for money abroard.

Wolves and Villa spent a similar amount over a 2 year period. Derby spent 30 million was it in 2015 apparently- so I read anyway.

For Grealish I could get Neves- plus 15 million to help with other areas. Neves wages probably lower too albeit when he joined Wolves.

Until clubs get more real with their valuations, clubs will tend to look overseas more for value. Markets share little patriotism.

I still think obligations about academy players could be a way forward.

I only meant that what you proposing should have been done long ago. It hasn’t and has now put a premium on English players. Gonna take some time for prices to come back down now. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I only meant that what you proposing should have been done long ago. It hasn’t and has now put a premium on English players. Gonna take some time for prices to come back down now. 

Fair. 

Yeah will take a while to drop to more realistic levels- tide maybe turning because our younger sides at international level are doing very nicely- hope for the future?

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair. 

Yeah will take a while to drop to more realistic levels- tide maybe turning because our younger sides at international level are doing very nicely- hope for the future?

Some very good young English players coming up. That and they are starting to move abroad for playing time. Bright future for england I think but they have to stay level headed. 

Archived