IGNORED

No Pasaran - Clapton shirt sales

Leveller

14 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Can't insulate football from politics unfortunately.

The difference for me is that if you have a club like Lazio that tacitly condones their right wing supporters, then you have a club that is saying certain sections of the community - blacks, Jews, immigrants, gays - aren't welcome.

If you are a club positioning yourself as overtly anti-fascist then the only ones you are saying aren't welcome are fascists - those that aren't tolerant of those sections of society.

Simplistic maybe, but personally I know what kind of club I'd prefer to follow.  

It seems like a lot of Italian teams are either followed in the main by a political leaning support, or have clearly identified firms of differing persuasions.

14 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Fair comment. 

More of a dedication to Joe Strummer than RAF.  (He used to wear a RAF t shirt).  My original name (Redskin) from long, long ago was taken.  Red Army was taken.  And my views seems to be largely in the minority on here so the Faction bit seemed to work, so I went with Red Army Faction.  

I have considered changing it on a number of occasions.  Maybe I will.

Edit:. Looks like Redskin has come available, so that's me now!!

Why in God's name are you using that vile insignia in your avatar ?

The hammer and sickle were adopted throughout the 20th century by monsters like Stalin and Mao; who between them alone oversaw the deaths of something like 60 million people of their own ?

If anybody used the Swastika on here, there would be a meltdown, and rightly so.

The hammer and sickle is every bit as bad.

Disgusting.

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

The hammer and sickle were adopted throughout the 20th century by monsters like Stalin and Mao; who between them alone oversaw the deaths of something like 60 million people of their own ?

If anybody used the Swastika on here, there would be a meltdown, and rightly so.

Disgusting.

With all due respect, I don't think you are quite understanding what the hammer and sickle insignia means, or that any such insignia can be co-opted for various political reasons.

For instance, your avatar displays the red hand of Ulster, which has been employed by many and various murderous protestant terrorist organisations in Northern Ireland. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hypocrite.

38 minutes ago, Stortz said:

With all due respect, I don't think you are quite understanding what the hammer and sickle insignia means, or that any such insignia can be co-opted for various political reasons.

For instance, your avatar displays the red hand of Ulster, which has been employed by many and various murderous protestant terrorist organisations in Northern Ireland. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hypocrite.

My late father was born there.

9 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Disgusting.

Wind your neck in.  My avatar stays until I decide to change it again.

If you are that 'offended' by a hammer and sickle make a complaint about the British Communist Party use of it, rather than whining on about someone using on here.

If ever there was a place for a hammer and sickle it's on a thread that is about a club showing solidarity with the international brigades fighting for the republicans against Franco's fascists.  

Maybe I will put up a poll to see what people think I should have as my avatar?  I will like ****!

Archived