IGNORED

Coaches Voice

Bristol Rob

Chances are, this was posted months back and I missed it, but I found this interesting all the same.

LJ on the team formation and build up to the first goal against Man Utd in the cup last year.

Evidently there is a lot more to football than "you play on the left" - he makes it sound quite complicated.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Chances are, this was posted months back and I missed it, but I found this interesting all the same.

LJ on the team formation and build up to the first goal against Man Utd in the cup last year.

Evidently there is a lot more to football than "you play on the left" - he makes it sound quite complicated.

Last time it was shared it got turned into  "where was his video for the Villa game", "where was the video for Bolton away" ""where was the video for the second half against Sunderland" etc..

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Last time it was shared it got turned into  "where was his video for the Villa game", "where was the video for Bolton away" ""where was the video for the second half against Sunderland" etc..

To be fair it would genuinely be interesting to see a video where a manager explains their tactics going into a game that ended as a thumping defeat, then explains why they think it went wrong and what they could learn from it. Will never happen but would be more interesting than a video about a success.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair it would genuinely be interesting to see a video where a manager explains their tactics going into a game that ended as a thumping defeat, then explains why they think it went wrong and what they could learn from it. Will never happen but would be more interesting than a video about a success.

It would, but the attitude of those comments were to dig and Johnson, asking why he didn't do one for those games, completely ignoring the fact it's the type of thing you get approached to do.

You look at every other video and it's a video of an underdog getting a win against a higher ranked club. But those making those comments were acting as if it was LJ exclusive and it was him looking for a way to big himself up.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

.....as the great Bill Shankly once said “Football is a simple game complicated by idiots...”

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....as the great Bill Shankly once said “Football is a simple game complicated by idiots...”

Don’t think he did.  He said ‘Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.  It’s terribly simple’.  Seems to sum up Joe Bryan’s goal pretty well.

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Don’t think he did.  He said ‘Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.  It’s terribly simple’.  Seems to sum up Joe Bryan’s goal pretty well.

Oh yes he did..... https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bill-shanklys-simple-truths-go-3468368

Archived