IGNORED

26,079 at ashton gate on friday night

Never to the dark side

Just now, Never to the dark side said:

Without a doubt

Not sure - we didn’t average anywhere near 27k when we were last in the top flight and back then there wasn’t anywhere near the zillions of other distractions that currently keep people from going to football matches....we didn’t even have capacity crowds vs the two Manchester clubs last season, in real terms....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure - we didn’t average anywhere near 27k when we were last in the top flight and back then there wasn’t anywhere near the zillions of other distractions that currently keep people from going to football matches....we didn’t even have capacity crowds vs the two Manchester clubs last season, in real terms....

We never used to average 19-20k in Division 2 either when there were no distractions back then like we do now.

11 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We can only imagine. 

If the Atyoe was given over to away fans entirely then we would surpass that I guess provided all seats were sold beforehand and not unallocated, the latter I think being why the crowd isn't 27000 tonight because of a reduction in capacity in unallocated areas..

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All available tickets were sold out. I believe that was also the case vs Birmingham City the season before, we can’t do much more than that. We were also very close against Wolves last season.

As for the comparison between the 1970s and now, considering we average around 20k in the top half of the Championship (despite a long run of disappointing results since January) there’s little doubt that IF we made it to the Prem we would fill Ashton Gate for a lot of the games and get very close in the rest.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you recall, the crowd would laugh when the match attendance was announced when in the first division because clearly the club wasn't claiming the full crowd for tax purposes. For the massive games City had to come clean but i've been in big crowds recorded as 23,000 ish when there was loads more in there.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

If you recall, the crowd would laugh when the match attendance was announced when in the first division because clearly the club wasn't claiming the full crowd for tax purposes. For the massive games City had to come clean but i've been in big crowds recorded as 23,000 ish when there was loads more in there.

I was in a 38,000 crowd vs Liverpool at Ashton Gate but was also in plenty of 14k to 17k crowds in the top flight, you could gauge the real figure by knowing the capacity of each section.....if we were announcing ‘iffy’ crowd figures why would we announce 38,000 vs the Mickeys?!

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Ashton Gate looked pretty spectacular on BT Sport tonight. As an exile who moved away ten years or so ago, it’s amazing to see what you guys now have in the same place as the “old” Gate. Lucky sods.

When they went back to panoramic camera at the top of the Lansdown it looked spectacular full. Sometimes you have to pinch yourselves and remember what we’ve now got. 

26 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

All available tickets were sold out. I believe that was also the case vs Birmingham City the season before, we can’t do much more than that. We were also very close against Wolves last season.

As for the comparison between the 1970s and now, considering we average around 20k in the top half of the Championship (despite a long run of disappointing results since January) there’s little doubt that IF we made it to the Prem we would fill Ashton Gate for a lot of the games and get very close in the rest.

As you say all available tickets sold in the Manchester teams games so can’t do any more, interestingly we still have got the biggest crowd in the new Ashton gate , Man Utd crowd was 26,088 , so we had 9 more!

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

When they went back to panoramic camera at the top of the Lansdown it looked spectacular full. Sometimes you have to pinch yourselves and remember what we’ve now got. 

Yet people still knock the man who has delivered this.  It is beyond comprehension TBH. When the gate has 25000 plus for a real game with the right shape ball  it  still blows away the egg chasers

Does anyone really think they’ll be packing in 26,000 for many of their games as i certainly cant. 15,000 at best imo. The odd local derby will bump it up just the same as if we played the Gash. 

1st game syndrome tonight. Also a derby. 

Very good but unsustainable i reckon. 

48 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Highest average championship average for City last year was 20952..(Not bad)

Attendance v Man U 26088 ( Sold out )

Attendance v Man City 26003

The official capacity is around 26500

46 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

That was also happening late 80s and 90s, I remember a big booo going around the ground at one game, when the figure they announced was laughably low

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes we did, what are you on about? They both sold out weeks before the game, less than 300 tickets made general sale for United at home. Deary me.

28 minutes ago, 50cal said:

Highest average championship average for City last year was 20952..(Not bad)

Attendance v Man U 26088 ( Sold out )

Attendance v Man City 26003

The official capacity is around 26500

12 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yes we did, what are you on about? They both sold out weeks before the game, less than 300 tickets made general sale for United at home. Deary me.

There’s a section on our official club website which shows how many people actually turned up regardless of the number of tickets sold, and the actual attendances were nowhere near the capacity....so, as I said in my post “we didn’t even have capacity crowds vs the two Manchester clubs” ....that was correct...

The 26k+ figures are incorrect in terms of actual attendances.....deary me....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There’s a section on our official club website which shows how many people actually turned up regardless of the number of tickets sold, and the actual attendances were nowhere near the capacity....so, as I said in my post “we didn’t even have capacity crowds vs the two Manchester clubs” ....that was correct...

The 26k+ figures are incorrect in terms of actual attendances.....deary me....

Let's wait to see the "actual turned up figure" for tonight then before making daft comments.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, lots of tickets were sold - but the official site had a section that showed how many actually turned up - and in the cases of both games vs the Manchester clubs - it was nowhere near the capacity...

Archived