IGNORED

Lucky City aren't playing this afternoon

Major Isewater

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Yep, as much as I miss a game on Saturday afternoon I'm happy that this particular afternoon there isn't one .

A neighbour has turned their toes up and the Isewaters will be present at the funeral. Kick off 3'o clock .

No need for sly glances at the old IPhone during the festivities.

God bless her soul .

And I have a wedding, not my own btw...But the groom is a mad keen Palace fan, not a good start .:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Condolences, Major. But do they have screens in the churches and places yet? Or hold the ceremony in a pub, maybe? We are in the twenty-first century, after all...  :ph34r:

They do in our local church up here in Swindle - a massive big screen - and the vicar is mad-keen on football too - and likes his beer (they hold an annual beer festival there every July). 

He (the vicar) was hoping to show the World Cup in his church and provide a bar, but it didn’t happen for some reason (not sure why - broadcasting rights or something I think). 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Why do people do these things during the football season ?

Dying people should at least hang on until the international break . No concern for others .

As for getting married ...

Just like those who choose three pm on a Saturday afternoon between August and early May for weddings!

Inconsiderate and the marriage doomed to failure.

12 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

They do in our local church up here in Swindle - a massive big screen - and the vicar is mad-keen on football too - and likes his beer (they hold an annual beer festival there every July). 

He (the vicar) was hoping to show the World Cup in his church and provide a bar, but it didn’t happen for some reason (not sure why - broadcasting rights or something I think). 

Is that Christchurch? I know the Rev there used to be Chaplin for the gas. We went there for an interview with him about getting married and I turned up in a city shirt. He introduced himself as Rev gas. He refused to marry us. Said we were outside his parish     ?

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The Major consorts with the French Froggy capitulating bike riding cheese eating onion sellers!!? Surely not?

It's true. I have infiltrated the French ranks. 

Mrs Isewater is more commonly known as Madame Isewater. 

A mediterranien fire cat who cooks like a dream.

Doing my bit for international affairs. 

14 hours ago, City exile 79 said:

Is that Christchurch? I know the Rev there used to be Chaplin for the gas. We went there for an interview with him about getting married and I turned up in a city shirt. He introduced himself as Rev gas. He refused to marry us. Said we were outside his parish     ?

Yes. He used to be at Keynsham. He is now the chaplain for STFC  

Really? That doesn’t sound like him - we enjoy a bit of banter about the football but it’s always good natured. He plays a bit too. I am surprised  

Bloody C of E - and they wonder why less and less people go to church these days........

Archived