IGNORED

Today`s games

Lanterne Rouge

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

Quote from Villa's forum on the idea of Dean Smith as a next manager, the self entitlement in the first line or so

I really feel the need to challenge this. We are Aston Villa. Founder members of the league. European Cup winners. Until 2 years ago, premier league ever presents. We have massive support, wealthy owners, a brilliant stadium and huge expectations. What has Dean Smith ever done to suggest that he should get a chance? We really should be aiming much, much higher than this. We need somebody big enough to take on the challenge. Dean Smith would be a massive risk. Why take the risk?

:disapointed2se:

Not as million miles away from what many post on here.

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Not as million miles away from what many post on here.

I think if we were looking for a new manager many would consider Dean Smith a good option. But the point was about the stuff you didn't highlight really.

2 hours ago, Super said:

If you can keep the big lumps up front quiet they dont have much else.

True that.

Interesting to see also that the Swansea winner involved a counter attack...Millwall seem one of those sides that if you let them have the ball, they don't know what to do with it so much.

I know different circs today, had to take initiative after a really early Swansea red card but principle still similar.

Maybe we might have capitalised back in April had we taken this into account.

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

I think if we were looking for a new manager many would consider Dean Smith a good option. But the point was about the stuff you didn't highlight really.

I was meaning more about this forum's opinion of LJ as our choice as manager/head coach, but know exactly  what you mean about entitlement.

Read their forum when they were in the financial 5h1t earlier in the summer and although some of their fans were fully understanding of their situation and it's potential implications ( breaching ffp) there were many posts using their history and big club status to justify all manor of ways around FFP and almost expecting special dispensation to be given for Villa.

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Quote from Villa's forum on the idea of Dean Smith as a next manager, the self entitlement in the first line or so

I really feel the need to challenge this. We are Aston Villa. Founder members of the league. European Cup winners. Until 2 years ago, premier league ever presents. We have massive support, wealthy owners, a brilliant stadium and huge expectations. What has Dean Smith ever done to suggest that he should get a chance? We really should be aiming much, much higher than this. We need somebody big enough to take on the challenge. Dean Smith would be a massive risk. Why take the risk?

I thought Steve Bruce was a big name manager. Still by all means appoint another who will demand loads to spend, screw the finances a bit more, then complain he wasn't allowed to spend enough.

Mourinho might be available soon. ?

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Someone clearly understands what it's all about . Villa are probably just waiting for Moaninho to get the boot from Man Utd.

In my opinion they are probably even too big for the Prem.

Archived