IGNORED

WBA away

TV Tom

On 11/09/2018 at 11:20, Dolman Block B said:

Working it out we have now sold 1300 plus out of 2700 allocation.

Thats pretty piss poor to be honest against an ex Prem team, an hour or so up the road.

Hate to say this but that bunch of cretins up the Mem would have sold out for sure and quite honeslty i dont know why we wont.

What a sad, rubbish post this is....firstly Roverzzz have only played two league games away at The Hawthorns in the last 42 years so they would probably be well excited about visiting a proper stadium....but recently da gas took sod all fans to Shrewsbury away on a Saturday - a trip that is only 40 miles further than West Brom....and this was on a Saturday - what on earth makes you think they’d take 2,700 to The Hawthorns on a Tuesday night?! And your ‘they’re an ex-prem team’ point means nothing...so what? We beat four proper prem teams last season, so no need to get excited about an ‘ex-prem’ side...

On 11/09/2018 at 11:20, Dolman Block B said:

Working it out we have now sold 1300 plus out of 2700 allocation.

Thats pretty piss poor to be honest against an ex Prem team, an hour or so up the road.

Hate to say this but that bunch of cretins up the Mem would have sold out for sure and quite honeslty i dont know why we wont.

My god - you've actually been sucked in by the nonsense they spout haven't you?

Rovers' away support is bang average, this season they had 800 at Posh on the opening day, 600 at Shrewsbury on a Saturday and only just managed 1k to effing Wycombe. 

You really think they'd sell 2,700 for this? Also, games like West Brom, Wolves and QPR is a big draw for Rovers - for us they're just teams we've played every other week for the majority of our history.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Anyone know if this is pay on the day. I can’t tell from the website? 

I’m not 100% sure I can make it and don’t know til 6pm tomorrow. POTD would therefore be handy. 

I'm in the same boat, won't know until late tomorrow.  What's the best way of getting to WBA if it's a last minute decision?

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm in the same boat, won't know until late tomorrow.  What's the best way of getting to WBA if it's a last minute decision?

Well if you’re coming from Bristol, then it’s straight on the M5 northbound. The ground is not far off the motorway.

It’s a easy ride to be fair. I can do it in 1hr30 on a good day..

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

hate to say it but yes......

Come back to me when they’ve spent more years in the Championship playing the likes of West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds on a regular basis. 

They only mustered 400 or so to Luton on Saturday. Sick to death of comparing with them or even talking about them.

They’re Sunday league material ffs. Look up rather than down and this club might get somewhere..

12 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

1,198 left.

i asked earlier up but no reply what are people thinking with the road works just risk it (leave earlier) or can you come off earlier and go another way?

The ground is just off J1 of the M5, traffic will be busy but you'll be fine unless you intend arriving at 7.30pm....

See you all in the Vine

31 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Come back to me when they’ve spent more years in the Championship playing the likes of West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds on a regular basis. 

They only mustered 400 or so to Luton on Saturday. Sick to death of comparing with them or even talking about them.

They’re Sunday league material ffs. Look up rather than down and this club might get somewhere..

Dead right, relatively short Saturday trips to Shrewsbury and Luton and they barely took 1000 between both fixtures, i’m afraid that the fact it is on sky tomorrow has put a few off would still of expected us to take 2000 plus though

18 minutes ago, Torbay_Red said:

The ground is just off J1 of the M5, traffic will be busy but you'll be fine unless you intend arriving at 7.30pm....

See you all in the Vine

A word of warning from someone who travels that road on a regular basis, there are horrific roadworks from J3 all the way to J1 and it CAN take a hell of a time to get through them. I would hate a fellow red to hit J3 at 7pm and miss the kick off. 

2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Would Bristol Rovers Football Club sell out this fixture?

No.

They can’t even sell out smaller away allocations on a Saturday in the League. 600 to Shrewsbury and 500 to Luton tells you how mediocre their away support actually is.

As has already been mentioned in another thread, they played Wolves in the League Cup on a Tuesday night last year, hadn’t visited Molineux for 3 decades, tickets were a tenner and the game was not available on Sky. Massive game for them,  they sold 2100 of their total allocation which was nowhere near a sell out. 

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

hate to say it but yes......

Don’t think so somehow.

2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Would Bristol Rovers Football Club sell out this fixture?

Would we sell out the Champions league final if we were in it and the designated venue was in Russia..?

We’ll probably find out before Rovers next play West Brom in a league fixture..! 

Archived