IGNORED

Thank God for SL

sglosbcfc

St Mirren sack Alan Stubbs after a couple of months in charge and Bradford axe their boss after a similar amount of time. Football is going mad, thank goodness we have Lansdown who doesn't pull the trigger at the first sign of discontent amongst the more fickle fans and realises managers need time to build a team. In my opinion no manager can be properly judged until at least 18 months - 2 years into the job and then league progress should not be the only factor taken into consideration i.e. has the manager had to sell key players etc. Still I'm living in dreamland the hiring and firing will continue at many clubs.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Disagree Stubbs has destroyed St Mirren after they did so well last season to get up. Their defence is clueless and he's flooded the side with poor signings. 

Had to get him out before it was too late 

They’ve only played four games though, can you destroy a team in that many games? Stubbsy did a decent job at Hibs...

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bradford - job for Cotts?

I`m being serious for once, he would be just the bloke they should be going for.

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Absolutely, I think it’s just the sort of club he’s been waiting for

Spot on....a big league one club with a great fan base is a perfect scenario for Cotts....totally proven at that level...I’d be giving him a call pronto if I was the Bantams owner/CEO/Chairman....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’ve only played four games though, can you destroy a team in that many games? Stubbsy did a decent job at Hibs...

If they think they have the wrong man then surely people on the board should be resigning, how can they get it so wrong so soon? They qualified from their League Cup group before exiting to Aberdeen (2nd best team in Scotland for 3 years), they've lost to Rangers who have a budget 10 times that of St Mirren, been beaten by league leaders Hearts with possibly their only unexpected poor defeat being to Livingston. Very, very harsh unless there is more to the story.

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But did a shite job at Rotherham and much like at St. Mirren brought in a bunch of players who he had no idea how to get playing.

He ‘left’ there after four months and 14 games, making noises about how difficult the job was, not acknowledging his own inability to get results.

Worth remembering that while he might have made two cup finals with Hibs, this was when Rangers were outside the top flight, and he couldn’t get them out of the Championship.

Not convinced he’s got much about him as a manager, to be honest.

• Admin
11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It goes a little deeper, one of the first things he did was tell the players that got them promoted last season that they were going to be released. He even told last seasons top scorer he was being released when the side turned up for a recent home game.

He tore the heart of the squad and then replaced them with absolute rubbish, many of the new players have no experience at that level and come from poor clubs.

I only know all this as was with a mate from Paisley who goes home and away following the side on Sunday night

The thing that annoyed the fans at the game on Saturday Stubbs just sat in the dug out motionless all the way through the game

And we can thank SL for being patient and waiting for Pat Lam to take the rugby team too although Robinson should have been sacked earlier imo. But not as early as the Leicester Tiger’s boss who has just been sacked 48 hours after losing the one and only game played this season! They lost away at Exeter 40-6 and he gets the chop!

There might be more to this I don’t know much about Leicester but the timing seems even by football standards pretty bonkers.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, RedM said:

And we can thank SL for being patient and waiting for Pat Lam to take the rugby team too although Robinson should have been sacked earlier imo. But not as early as the Leicester Tiger’s boss who has just been sacked 48 hours after losing the one and only game played this season! They lost away at Exeter 40-6 and he gets the chop!

There might be more to this I don’t know much about Leicester but the timing seems even by football standards pretty bonkers.

Player power - they didn't want him around the team

He was lucky to survive the summer after their dismal demise last season, by all accounts players were picked against Exeter that were not even fit, and as a result there was a massive fall out with players

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Player power - they didn't want him around the team

He was lucky to survive the summer after their dismal demise last season, by all accounts players were picked against Exeter that were not even fit, and as a result there was a massive fall out with players

Still quite amazing though that they didn’t sort it out in the close season, to let that fester on until the first match was crazy if there was only to be one outcome. 

Archived