IGNORED

Mr Tomlin (Merged)

BCFC11

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sadly true

However whilst someone like Josh Brownhill continually posts about his football - Tomlins Instagram offers not the slightest clue he’s ever played football , with his big excitement being taking delivery of his new Bentley

Tomlin is exactly the sort that will blow his undeserved riches in a few years

His ego must be really pained right now with no Club really interested in him - he’s begun to post ‘philosophical messages’ now (it doesn’t  hoodwink anyone Tomlin you don’t have the grey matter t be a philosopher)

5 Clubs in six years says it all

0B394748-D051-4A72-BAE7-148BC6B8E7E8.png

1013B687-FC2E-492F-A01F-74004AB55F88.png

dick.jpg

Without me knowing I was in a room with his girlfriend and a few others. I heard her talking to one of the other girls there that her and boyfriend ordered takeaway nearly every night. It wasn't untill the next day that someone told me that Tomlin was her boyfriend. This was at the beginning of the year so clearly not helping himself fitness wise just a few months into the season at Cardiff 

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed, I was pretty neutral about signing Tomlin - obviously a talent, but the issues you mention and his childish 'will I? won't I?' tweets (trying to get City fans to buy his garish caps in order to get him to sign - some actually did!!) made me think he was an idiot.

Maybe Lee thought he'd be the one who could 'tame' him, but by signing him he created a big problem for himself as a young manager before the season had even begun.

I think we've got a good group of pros now with seemingly decent personalities. Doesn't seem to be many huge egos in the squad now either which is nice. Even the younger players seem grounded and hard working. This is going by their interviews and social media of course, so doesn't reveal the whole picture.. but you can definitely get an impression.

The tweets were what finished it for me too, I didn’t want him to sign when he seemed to be playing games in public.  If I was the club I’d have told him to ‘do one’ as soon as that started, obviously not a professional.

And yes I did say that at the time on that ridiculous Tomlin signing thread with people sucking up to him.

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Slight amendment

You have a reasonable point but maybe those fans should have considered Tomlins reputation 

What Lee needed and still would find helpful, particularly with our ethos of easing young players through ,  is one or two experienced / good pros (Wilbraham) ideally , in key positions

In fairness Weimann and the twist of fate with injuries & picking up Kalas  (Experienced if not approaching end of their careers) has done exactly that IMHO in two very key positions

I get the impression that Bailey Wright probably has decent pro attributes and would be a good example in dressing room and on the training ground and some like Fielding , Pack and Smith I would assume, from all I see ,  are decent characters to have around  young pros

That was why O’Neil was signed - and off the pitch at CHSW I sensed that GON and LT had had a bust up or didn’t get on. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was why O’Neil was signed - and off the pitch at CHSW I sensed that GON and LT had had a bust up or didn’t get on. 

O'Neil seemed quite a serious character to me, more serious than Wilbraham. After a career playing at a higher level, I doubt he had much time for Tomlin's antics.

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

People would've given LJ hell if he didn't sign Tomlin after that loan spell

Indeed. Club were almost in an impossible position. 99% of fans wanted him here (and who wouldn’t after that loan spell) 

More to the point, he would have been deliberately doing everything by the book during his loan whilst playing for a permanent contract. He was probably an entirely different character before and after the signing on fee cleared....

20 minutes ago, GILLI said:

im sure in the mean time he's working hard and keeping fit like the fine athlete that he is......???

i reckon hes in training for a new career,wont be long before a new severn flood defence system is available.

simply jump off the bridge and plug the gap

6 hours ago, simon uk said:

It is quite offensive that the useless idiot with personality disorders is making a fantastic living for doing nothing while the rest of us have to grind out a living.

He's not quite doing nothing though is he? I bet he's still expected to train daily and has to play for the under 23's whilst probably doing other contractual "work", PR etc.

I get it, they live a lavish lifestyle and get paid handsomely but its not really "doing nothing".

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

He's not quite doing nothing though is he? I bet he's still expected to train daily and has to play for the under 23's whilst probably doing other contractual "work", PR etc.

I get it, they live a lavish lifestyle and get paid handsomely but its not really "doing nothing".

Also those payments will dry up most likely after he's 33-35. There are footballers that struggle with money a few years after retiring as they have no other skills unless they reinvest their career into football or have something lined up. 

Not wishing him bad well being after football or anything, just sayin.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Also those payments will dry up most likely after he's 33-35. There are footballers that struggle with money a few years after retiring as they have no other skills unless they reinvest their career into football or have something lined up. 

Agreed. I don't feel sorry for them mind, its a lot of money that most of us could only dream of. Most will be sensible enough to look after their future

4 hours ago, Super said:

Both wasted talent.

There is no doubt that both Tomlin & JET had ability but wasted talent? Possibly just about agree.

I think JET had talent in abundance, he had a languid, effortless style and a really likeable character. With all of the money thrown around in football I suspect this has had an effect on his career trajectory. I am sure if he needed the incentive he would be busting a gut to keep playing at League level, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tomlin on the other hand has plenty of talent but too much baggage and certainly doesn't come across as being a popular member of the team. Quite ironic really as its "being liked" seems to be what he yearns.

Perhaps a testament of their popularity would be when they have come back and played as an opposition player, Tomlin was vilified and JET was well received [just like Derrick Williams recently]

Very sad really and yes, JET can take a penalty. Probably the best penalty taker I have ever seen for Bristol City.

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

There is no doubt that both Tomlin & JET had ability but wasted talent? Possibly just about agree.

I think JET had talent in abundance, he had a languid, effortless style and a really likeable character. With all of the money thrown around in football I suspect this has had an effect on his career trajectory. I am sure if he needed the incentive he would be busting a gut to keep playing at League level, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tomlin on the other hand has plenty of talent but too much baggage and certainly doesn't come across as being a popular member of the team. Quite ironic really as its "being liked" seems to be what he yearns.

Perhaps a testament of their popularity would be when they have come back and played as an opposition player, Tomlin was vilified and JET was well received [just like Derrick Williams recently]

Very sad really and yes, JET can take a penalty. Probably the best penalty taker I have ever seen for Bristol City.

This could lead to an interesting discussion to who was better, an in-form Tomlin or an in-form JET ? 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

This could lead to an interesting discussion to who was better, an in-form Tomlin or an in-form JET ? 

Good question and their positive contributions (wonder goals, brilliant passes etc) were probably similar enough to allow for a reasonable comparison.

But whatever JET did, it never left me feeling negative towards him.  There were games when he was clearly not on it but his overall contribution (across a much longer period than Tomlin) seemed positive.  When the team celebrated promotion at the Lloyds amphitheatre in 2015, he was at the centre of the celebrations.  And by that stage, he already knew he was leaving even if we didn't.

After his loan spell and his obvious attempts to secure a permanent move, Tomlin did literally nothing to impress me.  He was wasteful in possession and lost the ball at key times throughout the whole of the following season.  Clearly a poisonous influence within the club when others were still clamouring for him to start games.  The only person I was more pleased to see leave Ashton Gate was Tony P**is.

I'll throw in another wasted talent from yesteryear - Dariusz Paweł Dziekanowski.

JET - wasted genius
Jacki - exceptional talent
Tomlin - tosser

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Rather have an in-form JET anytime. 

JET on form and firing is magnificent and is a bit more special than Tomlin in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Good question and their positive contributions (wonder goals, brilliant passes etc) were probably similar enough to allow for a reasonable comparison.

But whatever JET did, it never left me feeling negative towards him.  There were games when he was clearly not on it but his overall contribution (across a much longer period than Tomlin) seemed positive.  When the team celebrated promotion at the Lloyds amphitheatre in 2015, he was at the centre of the celebrations.  And by that stage, he already knew he was leaving even if we didn't.

After his loan spell and his obvious attempts to secure a permanent move, Tomlin did literally nothing to impress me.  He was wasteful in possession and lost the ball at key times throughout the whole of the following season.  Clearly a poisonous influence within the club when others were still clamouring for him to start games.  The only person I was more pleased to see leave Ashton Gate was Tony P**is.

I'll throw in another wasted talent from yesteryear - Dariusz Paweł Dziekanowski.

JET - wasted genius
Jacki - exceptional talent
Tomlin - tosser

Agree with both, JET actually liked Bristol City and wanted to play for us while Tomlin was just thinking of himself and the doughnuts ??

Just now, Sturny said:

Agree with both, JET actually liked Bristol City and wanted to play for us while Tomlin was just thinking of himself and the doughnuts ??

Yes exactly. Tomlin was one of very few Bristol City players I've ever felt an actual dislike towards. Just gives off a terrible vibe to me and I can't warm to someone who's like him. Was delighted when we got rid of him.

6 hours ago, Redtucks said:

A loan signing that most fans were clamouring to be made permanent.

Poor judgement by fans as well.

We as supporters can only judge him on the pitch. We have no access to the other parts of a footballer like how good his training is or is he an asshole .

I would suggest the fans were correct in their judgement that he would be a good player as that's what he had shown in the previous fours months so i would disagree with you statement.

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

OK then, let's make that next to nothing

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Not wishing him bad well being after football or anything, just sayin.

What's the emoji for stop it, you're breaking my heart?

16 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Apparently on £35k a week !!!!!following their promotion , and also contract until 2020

Good luck with offloading the pork pie Taffs

There was an interview the other day where Tomlin states he couldn’t perform at his best unless he was loved / appreciated

What a dork and not the brightest button

I also see he’s completely wiped all his history from his Instagram history

Yep...............Sure is a dork.  A Goldplated £1.75 M per annum dork.........Yep sure has blown it?  What a Waste [Waist?]. 

35 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

We as supporters can only judge him on the pitch. We have no access to the other parts of a footballer like how good his training is or is he an asshole .

I would suggest the fans were correct in their judgement that he would be a good player as that's what he had shown in the previous fours months so i would disagree with you statement.

But surely the fans know better than the manager on most things.

You only have to read the postings on here to see that!!!

:innocent06:

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Tomlin was signed after he’d impressed whilst on loan from Bmuff. On the back of that fans put pressure on LJ to sign him. 

LJ found himself between a rock and a hard place. Not signing him would of attracted accusations of ‘lack of ambition’...blah,blah.....and at the time LJ was relatively new in post and despite Tomlins reputation went ahead and signed him. 

But it was the right thing to do at that time.  He had been awesome in his loan spell and the last home game the crowd were singing ‘sign him up’  etc.  And we did.  And I was delighted.  The following season it was the opposite, a pale shadow of the old Tomlin.  Glad that Tomlin went, and yep hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Tbh I understand where he is coming from, he needs to be the main man and  ‘loved’  and he will perform.  Rightly or wrongly 

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

But it was the right thing to do at that time.  He had been awesome in his loan spell and the last home game the crowd were singing ‘sign him up’  etc.  And we did.  And I was delighted.  The following season it was the opposite, a pale shadow of the old Tomlin.  Glad that Tomlin went, and yep hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Tbh I understand where he is coming from, he needs to be the main man and  ‘loved’  and he will perform.  Rightly or wrongly 

It wasn’t just down to the fans wanting him, you’d be a nipple to say he didn’t show any skill on the pitch during that loan spell. Fans wanted him for a reason. I’ve seen plenty of comments from LJ saying how he was creaming himself over the tricks/skill LT showed in training. The gamble was taken and lost. 

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Thing is , he was the main man as you put it, here ..!  Just think he's the type of person that gets bored quickly and needs someone new to tell him how good he is. Which is fine I suppose whilst earning thousands at the mo, a disaster waiting to happen when he retires I reckon. And to be honest I couldn't care less. 

Archived