IGNORED

O'Dowda Deja Vu

Port Said Red

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

HAdn’t thought of that! Very similar

It's an unusual thing to do, push the ball so far away it looks like he has lost control, but it gives him space to whip it in at a really good angle. As soon as I saw it, I thought, "he's done it again". 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's an unusual thing to do, push the ball so far away it looks like he has lost control, but it gives him space to whip it in at a really good angle. As soon as I saw it, I thought, "he's done it again". 

Agree 

Said the same to my mate as we celebrated

Shifts the ball in unusual way

Havnt watched today’s back yet but thought he slightly shifted it twice ? before crossing 

Starting to find some form again. Excellent news. He strikes me as the type who could do with a run of games to really hit his straps. Not sure he going to get that with the competition for wide spots and the opportunity this gives for rotation. Perhaps he'll start on Tuesday and play so well the manager can't leave him out....? He's hoping.   

So pleased to see the player that we knew we had before that long injury lay-off. Sheff Utd had no answer to him by the time he took to the pitch and got into his stride.

Should have been a straight red for the foul on him in the last minutes. 'Professional' fouls didn't used to be so blatant. It was shocking.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Starting to find some form again. Excellent news. He strikes me as the type who could do with a run of games to really hit his straps. Not sure he going to get that with the competition for wide spots and the opportunity this gives for rotation. Perhaps he'll start on Tuesday and play so well the manager can't leave him out....? He's hoping.   

Loving that phrase. I agree that once his straps are, as you so correctly say, “hit”, that he can be some player. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree 

Said the same to my mate as we celebrated

Shifts the ball in unusual way

Havnt watched today’s back yet but thought he slightly shifted it twice ? before crossing 

Little flick from left onto right and straight back, almost like a dummy. Gave him a yard to cross. 

Said to my mate, I'd have him starting every week.

I hadn't seen that footage from the Ireland game. Great bit of skill. Ditto today's cross.

O'Dowda played really well when he came on today. In his first season with us I was always impressed with the defensive side of his game, but thought he lacked the confidence to run at the opposition. Today showed how much he has grown - he was strong on the ball and a real threat. 

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Not dissimilar to Pack’s goal v Blackburn in terms of the quite heavy touch / shift on to left peg - but Eliasson instead.

• Admin

I loved the trick he did to find the space in the first place, plying the ball off his standing leg into space.

The defence is probably the strongest I’ve known it in all my years watching City and could this be benefitting our attacking players as they have to be better / add skills to succeed in training to get into the team.

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

I loved the trick he did to find the space in the first place, plying the ball off his standing leg into space.

The defence is probably the strongest I’ve known it in all my years watching City and could this be benefitting our attacking players as they have to be better / add skills to succeed in training to get into the team.

Or are they perhaps not so worried about trying different skills due to not having to think that if they do and lose the ball then they put the defence under pressure on the break as they`re confident that if that happens it will be dealt with?

Archived