IGNORED

Metrobus (Merged)

bs3

Apologies if a thread has already been posted on this. I just wanted to know whether there were any plans for metrobus to extend the M2 service from AG during the week? As far as I can see, the last bus runs from the Ashton Gate stop at 21:34? Having been to midweek games via the M3 from Frenchay & M2 from Cabot circus, and then tried (and failed) to return via the same method, it seems absurd that the M2 finishes so early. There must have been at least 150+ city fans ambling along the M2 route over the old railway bridge after our game against Hull. I ended up getting on a bus in Hotwells, but a later service at AG would have been convienient (and with both City and the Rugby at AG surely would make money?!) 

Anyone with more knowledge on this please help me out here! 

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It's operated by First Bus.

'nuff said.

I mean, yeah, they are truly appalling but surely demand would be there to at least run the busses for an extra hour during the week? 22:34 from Ashton Gate gives fans a bit of time to loiter after the game then all on the metrobus, whether that be football or rugby. Plus AG  is hosting a multitude of Christmas events over the forthcoming festive season, surely money to be made there as well...

Who is making these decisions? Truly baffling right? Or is it just me?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Thanks Phantom.

I didn’t realise that the metro bus won’t stop at AG on matchdays because of capacity issues. Makes sense from their pov I guess.

Not sure about this, i’ve caught it twice from the centre on match days and got off at AG and on both occasions no more than half a dozen got off, must say, it certainly is a quick journey

Absolute proof that the Metro Bus service M2 has not been introduced to aid those attending City and Bristol Bears matches. 

No stopping at the Ashton Gate stop when there are games at that time.

No buses after 21.30.

And if you park there and walk to/from the stadium for an evening game, you will have to be quick to get your car out before the gates are shut.

Car parking is NOT open on Sundays at all.

Typical Bristol City Council shambles. 

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Absolute proof that the Metro Bus service M2 has not been introduced to aid those attending City and Bristol Bears matches. 

No buses after 21.30.

And if you park there and walk to/from the stadium for an evening game, you will have to be quick to get your car out before the gates are shut.

This is what I'm talking about! Surely the demand is there from fans of both clubs and those attending events/conferences at AG?

42 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No buses after 21.30.

Not sure where this not stopping at AG on match days comes from because I’ve  done it twice

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not sure where this not stopping at AG on match days comes from because I’ve  done it twice

Agree harrys. I emailed Metrobus and asked if I could park at the LA P&R and catch the Metrobus to the Ashton Gate stop and the reply from "Julia" was 'yes. Enjoy the game'. This was on 2nd October. Can't believe things have changed.

15 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Agree harrys. I emailed Metrobus and asked if I could park at the LA P&R and catch the Metrobus to the Ashton Gate stop and the reply from "Julia" was 'yes. Enjoy the game'. This was on 2nd October. Can't believe things have changed.

I took a lovely journey of about 10 minutes to AG from the centre, more people got off at the SS Great Britain stop than AG

• Admin
45 minutes ago, harrys said:

34 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

It is operating on Saturdays it was wrongly reported 

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

Living in South Bristol I get to see lots of empty M2 metro buses running, especially midweek daytimes!

Thanks for that George and Marvin

The Lib Dem’s approved the metrobus before we had mayor. GF only option was to let it carry on or lose all the funding from central government for it. 

29 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The Lib Dem’s approved the metrobus before we had mayor. GF only option was to let it carry on or lose all the funding from central government for it. 

I expect the Lib Dem’s and their fat controller Gary Hopkins will deny this

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I expect the Lib Dem’s and their fat controller Gary Hopkins will deny this

Irrelevant fact. I used to babysit for Gary Hopkins and his wife when I was a teenager. This was years before he was ever involved with the council himself but he was working for another Counciller whilst holding a full time job ( think he was a sales Rep and did lots of driving).

I’m not particularly interested in politics but know how much work he put in, he was out delivering leaflets, going to Lib Dem meetings etc most evenings after driving a couple of hundred miles, all year round not just around election time. I think he really got into politics when the Counciller they were helping suddenly died. I haven’t been in contact with him for years but have seen him gradually rise up through the ranks over the years, although he has been quiet recently? 

His children ( toddler and baby girl at the time) were lovely, he paid me over the going rate for babysitting, (compared to what my friends were getting elsewhere). I’m not saying he’s a saint for Bristol City Council,  but he certainly was hardworking and both him and his wife were good to me. My first proper job on qualifying was through a friend of his.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Irrelevant fact. I used to babysit for Gary Hopkins and his wife when I was a teenager. This was years before he was ever involved with the council himself but he was working for another Counciller whilst holding a full time job ( think he was a sales Rep and did lots of driving).

I’m not particularly interested in politics but know how much work he put in, he was out delivering leaflets, going to Lib Dem meetings etc most evenings after driving a couple of hundred miles, all year round not just around election time. I think he really got into politics when the Counciller they were helping suddenly died. I haven’t been in contact with him for years but have seen him gradually rise up through the ranks over the years, although he has been quiet recently? 

His children ( toddler and baby girl at the time) were lovely, he paid me over the going rate for babysitting, (compared to what my friends were getting elsewhere). I’m not saying he’s a saint for Bristol City Council,  but he certainly was hardworking and both him and his wife were good to me. My first proper job on qualifying was through a friend of his.

He also liked parking on double yellow lines while in charge of Bristol transport!!!!

All joking aside I think he’s well thought of in the ward he represents 

Archived