IGNORED

Is It Make Or Break This Season?

And Its Smith

First of all I'd like to say I'm looking forward to this season more than any in the last few years. I believe the signings we've made will be good, the pre-season has gone well so far and Tinnion seems to be aware of where we need to strengthen. Heffernan, Gillespie and Miller look like a good trio of strikers with Roberts as another back up option. The defence should be as strong as ever and Bradley Orr, Luke Wilkshire and Tommy should be good in the centre of the park.

It is all looking rosy at the moment and I hate pessimism but one question has been nagging at me for a couple of days now:

WHAT IF WE DONT GO UP??

It looks like we are going to keep the likes of Coles, Doherty and Fortune for now at least, after it looked like maybe one or two of them may leave. Thankfully Hill has signed a contract and I'm sure the reason for them staying is that although they want to play at a higher level they believe they can do that at City and that maybe this is the year we go up. But we've been saying that for 2-3 years now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this, in my opinion, is the most important season I can remember in recent years. I fear if we dont go up this season people like Coles, Doherty, Wilkshire, Hill and even Phillips may lose patience and move on to teams in the Championship. It would take a lot of money, something we may not have to replace them.

This post may seem a bit negative but I think its realistic.

I think it seems to be "make or break" every season for us City fans! I can see what you're saying but I was certain that Tommy, Colesy and Phillps would leave when we didn't go up last season... AND the season before!

I don't think we should be thinking of "what ifs". We are going up and if we don't it isn't the end of the world. This season might even prove to be a Mid-table one as our squad and tactics have taken a complete turnaround.

Whatever happens next season I can't see us having a season like last season (scoring no goals). This season should be exicting...

Archived