IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

On 18/09/2018 at 17:12, ChippenhamRed said:

Thought I’d re-post my list again, to see if I can help you out with a few more facts:-

Still called Ashton Gate.

Still wear red.

Still called Bristol City FC.

Still got the same crest which still says Bristol City.

Still got red seats, despite having recently had he opportunity to change that.

Still got a programme called "Well Red"

Still got the robin mascot.

Still got a stand called Atyeo.

Still got a stand called Dolman.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

Now also have "Marina Dolman Way".

Now also have an Atyeo statue.

Now also have a concourse emblazoned with banners and various nods to our history and greatest players.

Now also have an away kit featuring the traditional Robin badge.

Absolutely no suggestion of changing any of the above.

Absolutely. Our club tries very hard on a lot of things regarding history/nostalgia, even if it is to entice and excite fans. Seem to remember Jon Lansdown having the sign for the old Wedlocks pub in the back of his car for ages and putting it up around by the South Stand bar.

Also Jon Lansdown modelled last seasons kit on the first kit he ever had, the Bob Taylor kit!

2 hours ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

Absolutely. Our club tries very hard on a lot of things regarding history/nostalgia, even if it is to entice and excite fans. Seem to remember Jon Lansdown having the sign for the old Wedlocks pub in the back of his car for ages and putting it up around by the South Stand bar.

Also Jon Lansdown modelled last seasons kit on the first kit he ever had, the Bob Taylor kit!

I actually think the club is striking the balance between respecting the past, and being forward-thinking about the future, rather well.

On 20/09/2018 at 08:36, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'd rather see the investment in BCFC. Perhaps a bit spent on replacing Hunt after Tuesday nights debacle.

I’m in the minority. And ready to be slaughtered ?

£100m is twice what it cost to revamp AG. It does seem an awful lot for a basketball arena.

I guess Sir Steve knows the value of a £ better than me. Will recover some from selling houses but it might take a long time to recover that investment from basketball, concerts and hotel profits (if the hotels even make a profit).

I don't see much benefit for bcfc myself and would also have rather he spent it on improving our team. I accept that is a selfish view though.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

£100m is twice what it cost to revamp AG. It does seem an awful lot for a basketball arena.

I guess Sir Steve knows the value of a £ better than me. Will recover some from selling houses but it might take a long time to recover that investment from basketball, concerts and hotel profits (if the hotels even make a profit).

I don't see much benefit for bcfc myself and would also have rather he spent it on improving our team. I accept that is a selfish view though.

Its not just £100m for basketball though is it. 

Flats, hotel too. 

Sir Steve is no doubt very very clever with these plans. 

Archived