IGNORED

Lunch

ExiledAjax

I am going to be back in Bristol this weekend.  First time for a long time that I am doing more than just nipping in for a match.  Planning on having lunch on North Street on Saturday.  I know it has changed a lot since I was last there many years ago so wondered if I could ask for recommendations? 

Just after a decent feed, relaxed, not any particular budget but obviously it is just Saturday lunch so not looking to spend loads.

What's good?

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I am going to be back in Bristol this weekend.  First time for a long time that I am doing more than just nipping in for a match.  Planning on having lunch on North Street on Saturday.  I know it has changed a lot since I was last there many years ago so wondered if I could ask for recommendations? 

Just after a decent feed, relaxed, not any particular budget but obviously it is just Saturday lunch so not looking to spend loads.

What's good?

Burger Joint is decent. They give you a sheet of paper & you just tick off whatever you'd like to be included within the burger & what sides. 

https://www.theburgerjoint.co.uk/

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Malago (next to Hen and Chicken) ?  nice.

Personally my fav stop for breakfast - best poached eggs on NS I reckon.  North Street Standard runs it close thou. 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

How was it?

Went to Pizza Workshop in the end - I did the Half Marathon on the Sunday (day after) and decided that Souk Kitchen's spicier offerings might not be the best preparation!

Honestly...it was good food, although I was surprised at the price being on parity with London (eg, my post-run Sunday lunch at the Hole in the Wall just off Queen Square was well below London prices). Also it turns out I am now a grumpy git as there were too many kids in there. But it was fine.  Henry V at the Tobacco Factory afterwards was excellent though.

Thoroughly enjoyed my weekend back in the city, despite the rain and the 13.1 mile run. Was showing the girlfriend my childhood haunts and generally just getting re-acquainted with the place.

On 19 September 2018 at 13:02, Tomarse said:

if you don't want a long weight. 

Stories at a Midlands motor factory has it that fresh-faced kids joining straight from school were given errands. They were told to go to the stores and ask for some rubber nails for rubber hammers, tartan paint or the like. One lad was given a chit for a long weight. After half an hour stood around, the stores manager finally pokes his head through the hatch and says 'You've waited long enough - now get back to work!'  You get the picture...

As for Pizza Workshop, good choice. (The prices reflect the fact that Southville is the New Bohemia.) I had the pleasure again of a good feast before seeing Henry V too. Thoroughly enjoyable night all round!

On 27/09/2018 at 11:30, ExiledAjax said:

Went to Pizza Workshop in the end - I did the Half Marathon on the Sunday (day after) and decided that Souk Kitchen's spicier offerings might not be the best preparation!

Honestly...it was good food, although I was surprised at the price being on parity with London (eg, my post-run Sunday lunch at the Hole in the Wall just off Queen Square was well below London prices). Also it turns out I am now a grumpy git as there were too many kids in there. But it was fine.  Henry V at the Tobacco Factory afterwards was excellent though.

Thoroughly enjoyed my weekend back in the city, despite the rain and the 13.1 mile run. Was showing the girlfriend my childhood haunts and generally just getting re-acquainted with the place.

Yeah Pizza Workshop is one of the rather 'hipster' joints on NS that tend to think they can charge what the hell they like. No wonder its empty most lunchtimes! 

Archived