IGNORED

Not one of them

SStandUp

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nonsense......

It was a quality cross from Windass and a well placed header from Powell who directed it back across Mäenpää’ who had moved slightly to his right and was consequently wrong footed.

No one was at fault for the winner but if you want a scapegoat blame Diedhiou for missing a sitter...

Nonsense. Watch it. The crosser had an age to cross unchallenged. Kalas was under the ball, goalkeeper came and changed his mind. It’s all in colour

It was like watching a different team out there tonight. We did none of the things that we did so well on Tuesday (despite the result) were they tired? We’re they nervous about pushing forward and being open on the break..? We’re they shell shocked by a team that pressed us and played us at our own game..?

I’m not sure! 

Win, lose or draw next Friday, we need a better performance than that. If we don’t get one (not too bothered about the result, in isolation) then we head in to a “bad run” and the real test of LJ’s progress. 

Tonight was a bad day at the office, for now..!

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nonsense. Watch it. The crosser had an age to cross unchallenged. Kalas was under the ball, goalkeeper came and changed his mind. It’s all in colour

I don’t think the keeper “changed his mind” it was just a perfect cross and perfect header. 

Great goal for them, but 9/10 that drops straight into Nikki’s arms or goes wide. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I really think Kelly had numerous good moments. Apart from that every single outfield player underperformed.

he will be a vv good player, thought tonight as in other games he dwells on the ball a little and tries little tricks whilst in dangerous positions instead of releasing the ball earlier.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I agree about the cross being unchallenged and was annoyed about it at the time. Our players literally stood and watched the player cross the ball, there was no attempt to close down and prevent the cross. He had all the time in the world, which made it more likely to be the quality delivery that it was. So poor.

That was the failing with the goal - not what happened in the box.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nonsense......

It was a quality cross from Windass and a well placed header from Powell who directed it back across Mäenpää’ who had moved slightly to his right and was consequently wrong footed.

No one was at fault for the winner but if you want a scapegoat blame Diedhiou for missing a sitter...

Watch it back. The marking in the box was amateurish!

I didn't recognise the team last night, they were all poor, disjointed and lazy in possession and out of possession. Paterson starting was a bad call as he looked off the pace at WBA on Tuesday and non-existent last night.

For me what was odd was when the changes were made Weimann was sent out left and O'Dowda central...we were crying out for some width and pace and power it was an odd decision - LJ overthinking it again?

There was no fight in the players eyes a really odd performance.

For the goal with Webster 40 yards away from his centre half partner he really had to stop that cross. Other than that I actually felt Webster looked decent last night and I've not been his biggest fan.

Last night is best forgotten about quickly.

It was a quality cross from Windass and a well placed header from Powell who directed it back across Mäenpää’ who had moved slightly to his right and was consequently wrong footed - is the correct answer

Watch it. The crosser had an age to cross unchallenged. Kalas was under the ball - is also the correct answer

Great cross, poor marking - Mappa started to his right, couldn't stop and go back left to stop a very well placed header.

Keeper not to blame - midfielders didn't block, defenders just watched. Striker placed it perfectly. Keeper, no chance.

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree about the cross being unchallenged and was annoyed about it at the time. Our players literally stood and watched the player cross the ball, there was no attempt to close down and prevent the cross. He had all the time in the world, which made it more likely to be the quality delivery that it was. So poor.

That was the failing with the goal - not what happened in the box.

I saw three issues. You saw one. Guess we will agree to disagree. However Kalas position and Maenpaa movement toward the ball have been commented on elsewhere. 

Archived