IGNORED

Free Rugby Ticket

Bristol Rob

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure I read something the other week about a free ticket, buggered if I can find the story anywhere though.

Anyone able to help?

Free ticket for next Saturday v Northampton saints. 

Only available for dolman wings and South stand. 3pm kick off and it'd be great to have loads of city fans there! 

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I got an email, if you are a Bristol City season ticket holder you can claim a free ticket for Bristol Bears vs Northampton Saints on Sat 29 Sept...

May take it up , they may need all they can get the 26k v Bath became 12,287 today , still decent but realism resumed

28 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

May take it up , they may need all they can get the 26k v Bath became 12,287 today , still decent but realism resumed

If today's game was on a Sunday with decent conditions it would have been more like 15-16k I'd imagine. 

Bristol has the highest number of combination clubs in any city in the UK, yet Bristol rugby decided at the start of the season to play the majority of home games on a Saturday, when those clubs play. That automatically rules out around 2000 people who either play for a club, have family playing or coach/referee combination rugby. 

Ridiculous decision and will take our attendances down by a significant margin

32 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If today's game was on a Sunday with decent conditions it would have been more like 15-16k I'd imagine. 

Bristol has the highest number of combination clubs in any city in the UK, yet Bristol rugby decided at the start of the season to play the majority of home games on a Saturday, when those clubs play. That automatically rules out around 2000 people who either play for a club, have family playing or coach/referee combination rugby. 

Ridiculous decision and will take our attendances down by a significant margin

This. Seen a few Bris fans this evening, they all commented similar and would prefer Sunday afternoon or Friday night.

52 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This. Seen a few Bris fans this evening, they all commented similar and would prefer Sunday afternoon or Friday night.

Nearly every Bris fan agrees, yet the club stated at the start of the season that last season we had better crowds on Saturdays... 

That was mainly due to the fact that Saturday games normally had a deal on etc. But obviously stuff like that is irrelevant. 

It's annoying really as the capability is there for there to be 15000 plus every week but the club fail to work out how to get those numbers in regularly 

A lot of staff play on a Saturday too so these games are not so easy to cover. Football fans would prefer Villa to be on a Saturday next week for example, although once you have gone through the hassles to get there a game on a Friday night is good. We had a good result against Blackburn on a Sunday but the whole day felt odd and I didn’t like it for one. Rugby Friday or Sunday and footie on Saturday for me.

Wasn’t the rugby changed to have the highlights package ready for a Sunday US audience following the sponsorship?

Archived