IGNORED

On me head son.....

BanburyRed

14 hours ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

.....talk about perpetuating a bloody stereotype !.....you can almost hear the 'rugger buggers' laughing their little button mushroom c***s off !

Any group of people who think its hilarious to dip their nads in your pint when you go for a slash need rounding up and gassing.

Tbf to the player who went down, he might've had an injury from a previous encounter that was then exacerbated by the touch to the back of his head. This is reminiscent of the Great White Hope Luke McCarty who aged 21 was killed in the 1st round of his bout with Arthur Pelkey in 1913. McCarty was felled by a light punch to the heart. It was established by the coroner that McCarty had sustained a bad fall in a horse riding accident a couple of weeks before the bout and was basically a dead man walking.

I'm not saying that the Feyenoord player has sustained such an injury before the match. I am just saying that we are not looking at this in context. To all the world it looks as though he was touched on the back of the head by an opponent with the force one might compare to a butterfly landing on one's neck and after it registers what has occurred the victim belatedly crumpled into a heap in the hope of being awarded a free-kick and getting the miscreant opponent sent off. But, it's because it looks too obvious that one tends to question it. I believe the player was probably dropped down the stairs as a baby and because teachers no longer smack brats around the back of the head, he managed to miraculously survive into adulthood until this occurred on a Dutch football pitch. The Feyenoord medical team deserve much praise and credit in not only managing to save his life against all odds but also restore him to such fitness and vitality that he was able to continue playing in the very same match.

Archived