IGNORED

Bristol City kit history

mande70

the purple and lime one also appeared with the Auto Windscreens sponsor and new crest - I remember this as I had all three at one time.

Nice work - hopefully one day someone will do the same with the goalkeeper kits, the first goalkeeper shirt I ever had as a kid was that 'bumble bee' yellow and black style one with Thorn Security on it (Christmas 1990 I think it was)

'That awful Admiral gold (it looks more yellow than gold in your picture) and blue shirt was only worn once and was made for the 2000 LDV Trophy Final against Stoke.

Also, I haven't seen a complete set of the kits you've done @mande70 but have you got this one on your list?

image.png.96e8af0bfea642b334dcbde5da8d3d1f.png

It was a third choice strip from some time around 2003 I think? I've actually got one in the wardrobe somewhere. Last time I had it on at a match, several fellow reds asked me what it was and where I got it from. End of season club shop sales !!!

38 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

It was a third choice strip from some time around 2003 I think? I've actually got one in the wardrobe somewhere. Last time I had it on at a match, several fellow reds asked me what it was and where I got it from. End of season club shop sales !!!

Bit earlier than that I think. November 1999 away at Stoke. Tinnion scored a screamer.

That season we had four kits, what with the champagne effort for the Auto Windscreens Final.

6 hours ago, mande70 said:

Hi all, i have been working on creating kits in a style similar to true football colours, so that i could create a book for myself that would have all english and scottish clubs in it. i recently completed bristol city and wondered if some of you fans could look over the kits and let me know what you think? eg was there any kit i missed, was there a missing logo etc.

the book is only for me, so dont be to clinical or pedantic, as long as the kit is reasonably close, then thats good, this is not for financial gain, merely for my own personal use, so it doesnt need to be 100% perfection.

heres an example of the early 80's kits, let me know if you want others posted

bristolc.pngupload photo

Ooooooohhhhh, middle of top row, my first City top, ala Mick Harford.  Wore it to a school disco....wore it everywhere.  Wish I still had it.  Thing of beauty.  Bought it at Sportscene up Broadwalk.  Memories!!

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

'That awful Admiral gold (it looks more yellow than gold in your picture) and blue shirt was only worn once and was made for the 2000 LDV Trophy Final against Stoke.

Also, I haven't seen a complete set of the kits you've done @mande70 but have you got this one on your list?

God only knows why, when,how but I have this shirt. I know I used to drink quite a lot but bloody hell........... :rofl2br:

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Me too. They must have knocked them out for a fiver or something at the end of the season I reckon otherwise why would you FFS?

Yeah, I think it was an end of season clear out. I know that's when and how I got mine but couldn't remember the year. I think they may have been £20 or something like that.

On 25/09/2018 at 11:53, mande70 said:

Hi all, i have been working on creating kits in a style similar to true football colours, so that i could create a book for myself that would have all english and scottish clubs in it. i recently completed bristol city and wondered if some of you fans could look over the kits and let me know what you think? eg was there any kit i missed, was there a missing logo etc.

the book is only for me, so dont be to clinical or pedantic, as long as the kit is reasonably close, then thats good, this is not for financial gain, merely for my own personal use, so it doesnt need to be 100% perfection.

heres an example of the early 80's kits, let me know if you want others posted

bristolc.pngupload photo

Are you planning to release the complete Bristol City Kit history at all? I'd be very interested in having a complete record of our kits!

On 25/09/2018 at 12:44, mande70 said:

yeh seen that site, all told ive got 78 kits from 1980 to date, so theres not many ive not seen i dont think :laugh:

one question i have though concerns a green TFG shirt from around 2002, did bristol city have a green third kit around that time?

On 25/09/2018 at 14:10, mande70 said:

heres what i have for the 2002 period, as i say im not sure about the green kit, looks more like a training top to me

bristol3.png

Definitely a training top, if I remember correctly it was £19.99 (No more than 25 anyway) - I had (still have actually) one.

I may be wrong, but wasn't that the season there was a poll to decide the colour? The black with red trim, that green one, and two others (possibly white and orange)? Sure they decided to take the green one on as a training top as it was a close 2nd? Pretty sure it was never used as an official kit anyway.

6 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Are you planning to release the complete Bristol City Kit history at all? I'd be very interested in having a complete record of our kits!

i will do yes, just not sure how im gonna do it at the moment,

i put together an excel sheet with clubs and their kits on it, i did the a-b clubs and there were over 1000 kit images, and thats only 2 letters of the alphabet and around 20 clubs. bristol city alone have 78 kits i have found. chances are ill just do it by website or blog something along those lines.

On 26/09/2018 at 19:18, mande70 said:

i will do yes, just not sure how im gonna do it at the moment,

i put together an excel sheet with clubs and their kits on it, i did the a-b clubs and there were over 1000 kit images, and thats only 2 letters of the alphabet and around 20 clubs. bristol city alone have 78 kits i have found. chances are ill just do it by website or blog something along those lines.

You'd probably make a fair bit if you released physical copies by club. Nice little club shop item I'd have thought for most league clubs.

On 25/09/2018 at 15:54, El Hombrecito said:

I think you may be thinking of the kit shown in the post above (with the black on the shoulders) which I remember us wearing in the second half away at Stoke after we'd attempted to wear our white away kit in the first half. The green kit circled in the earlier post was definitely never* worn in a game.

*Fully expecting somebody to post a photo and prove me wrong now ?

This kit below is the one I’m pretty sure we wore against Stoke in the game you describe. The Green shirt with the black shoulders was our away kit throughout the 2001/02 season.

BB855E6F-0492-4AAF-9AB5-187C7A569644.png

On 25/09/2018 at 14:10, mande70 said:

heres what i have for the 2002 period, as i say im not sure about the green kit, looks more like a training top to me

bristol3.png

The black kit was our official away kit, I think the green must have been a 3rd kit or, as others have suggested, a training kit

On 25/09/2018 at 20:24, El Hombrecito said:

Do you mean this vomit coloured monstrosity?

th.jpeg

That kit was an utter ******* monstrosity. That was the same season they tried to palm us off with that embarrassing home shirt with the short lived new badge and stupid collar.

On 25/09/2018 at 12:44, mande70 said:

yeh seen that site, all told ive got 78 kits from 1980 to date, so theres not many ive not seen i dont think :laugh:

one question i have though concerns a green TFG shirt from around 2002, did bristol city have a green third kit around that time?

Think that green one was a training top. 

6 hours ago, Offside said:

Saw this on Facebook. I haven't seen this kit before. FB_IMG_1538151630077.jpg.abfb1c6fbd0c5845d5af198314ae8261.jpg

Similar to the 1998-1999 shirt but not identical. 

bristol_city_1998-1999.gif.bb7fbb7a97a4443c2069ee2de0a7d027.gif

Any ideas?

I owned a white away shirt with the same lettering (in black) with the ‘S’ above it and a ridiculously large shield on the tit containing the badge. I’m certain I bought it in the summer of 1997 (for about £35!) so I’m guessing the shirt being held by Scott Davidson must be the home shirt from 97/98?

If it is then it’s missing the ‘Lotto’ badge for some reason.

Edit: actually I think I bought the white away shirt with the same lettering in the Summer of 1996, not 1997....so maybe that’s the home shirt from the 96/97 season?

14 hours ago, Offside said:

Saw this on Facebook. I haven't seen this kit before. FB_IMG_1538151630077.jpg.abfb1c6fbd0c5845d5af198314ae8261.jpg

Similar to the 1998-1999 shirt but not identical. 

bristol_city_1998-1999.gif.bb7fbb7a97a4443c2069ee2de0a7d027.gif

Any ideas?

I’ve seen it posted on here before. Think it was said to be a prototype before the 97/98 shirt was released so not one that was ever worn.

It was like a cross between 96/97 and 97/98.

Archived