IGNORED

?Free Rugby Tickets - Many Going on Saturday?

CyderInACan

18 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Does anybody know if u can't make Saturday there will be another chance later in the season or suit a once shot thing?

They've fulfilled their offer, so there is no requirement to offer up more tickets. However, last season there was a second free ticket offer, and in at least one earlier year they had a second ticket offer if you hadn't taken up the first one.

So I'd say it's a probably not but maybe.

Used all the previous free tickets, and thats enough for me. Boring as hell and almost unrelated as a sport to international matches. Not helped by the crap atmosphere for long stretches of the match. B R I S S being the only chant also doesn't  help. I do though, hope the Bears do well this season.

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yep 4 of us going - looking forward to it after watching all games so far either on bt sport or link on bet365

Did you pay for some braying Prince Harry wannabe to keep standing up in front of your tv whilst spilling lager on you for realism?

39 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Surprised they aren't getting bigger crowds for Premiership games, with or without freebies, I went last year but got got fed up with the everyone around me just discussing their social lives and what they are planning for the evening, very few were taking much interest in the rugby.

As I said before the rugby crowd are very much like that, quite a culture shock for me when I first started going as the match is almost secondry and is only given the occasional glance by many. The drinking and the mixing of the fans to, no abusing the opposition and only one song. 3 years later I’m still finding it strange. It’s good, but different. 

3 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Surprised they aren't getting bigger crowds for Premiership games, with or without freebies, I went last year but got got fed up with the everyone around me just discussing their social lives and what they are planning for the evening, very few were taking much interest in the rugby.

I think bristol are currently second j the attendance charts, although obviously the bath game has skewed that somewhat... 

If they can average 14-15k this season then that is very solid, Bar leicester no side gets over 20k regularly and the likes of sale, Worcester and Newcastle average between 5-9k every week. 

Rugby is still a minority sport in comparison to football in England with crowds more around cricket standard

18 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I've tried to load the tickets onto my season card but received no confirmation on the page so no idea if it's worked , as always will call the ticket office tomo , the bs online sales process is shocking not once have i been able to actually do what I wanted on there !

You should have a confirmation/receipt email come through. Mine came through instantly.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

I've tried to load the tickets onto my season card but received no confirmation on the page so no idea if it's worked , as always will call the ticket office tomo , the bs online sales process is shocking not once have i been able to actually do what I wanted on there !

My advice to anyone who has taken up the free offer and loaded it to their BCFC season card, is get there early!

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s on the official site Dave you coming?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/watch-premiership-rugby-for-free-in-bs3/

No working sadly, bloody 68 and still have to go to the coal-face, if SL or Badger is looking at this post, lend me 100 grand please :ill:

Well went today on the freebie and it was fantastic. High scoring game 45 - 40, unfortunately Bris lost. Great to watch a game with a beer. Both sets of supporters all enjoying the game together. 

14600 attendance which makes the Gas Bristols third best supported team. Ha ha what a bunch of shithouses.

Will be back for the rugby again, thanks for the ticket Bristol Sport you have new fan. 

51 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Probably around 2000 I reckon considering there were 12300 last week. 

Hopefully a few of the city freebies might want to return after that... 

Indeed, the matchday announcer (who wasn't Downsy!) said that just over 2,000 City ST holders had taken up the offer of a free ticket. For me it was my first ever time watching a professional rugby match in the flesh and I loved it.

Archived